Chapter 5

Date : October 1, 2009
Age : 12
POV : Annie

I stared out the hospital window. no emotion. Then i glanced back at caleb. Very few heart beats a minute. He looks so peaceful. Too peaceful.

"He's going to die." i whispered to myself.

Then i looked back over out the hospital window, waiting for brennan and his family to show up.

)()()()()()()()()(

Hours passed. no tears shed. And then, i heard someone burst through the door. brennan.

I jumped up and threw my arms around his neck. and that's when i burst. All the tears i had been holding in the passed three hours came out.

"Sshhh. let it out." he cooed.

I stood there with him for about a solid 7 minutes until he finally let go. He cupped his hands around the cheeks and looked me in the eyes.

"It's going to be okay." he said as he wiped away my tears.

I looked at him, but my ears were focused on caleb. and soon enough, the steady beat became one long beep.

"oh annie." he said and hugged me one last time. "he's in a better place now." he whispered.

I was still as silent as I could be. brennan let go of me and I walked over to Caleb.

"I never got to tell you how much of a good brother you were. you were the best." I whispered to Caleb.

I looked at him until I just had to look away, and then, as if on cue, Hayley and Sydney walked in the door.

Hayley ran up to Brennan and cried. He looked up at me and smiled. Brennan was such a good "older brother" to Hayley. I smiled, for the first time all day, but then I looked back at Sydney. She looked hopeless. Tears were streaming down her face and her eyes were red and puffy.

I opened my arms out wide and Sydney ran into them. It was like a crying huddle.

"I loved him." she whispered.

I hugged her even tighter.

"He loved you too." I replied back.

I then let go of Sydney and she went over to Caleb. My attention went back to Brennan. I went in for another hug and didn't let go.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." he smiled.

"You're all I have left." I said.

aww they are so cute