Chapter 90

Date : March 17, 2016
Age : 19
POV : Annie

We arrived at Maryland yesterday and it felt good to be home. I finally slept in my bed and I woke up to Piper licking my face. My mom made me pancakes, and I've been wearing a hoodie with leggings all day.

"Come on skinny love, what happened here?" I sang as my headphones were quietly giving off music into my ears.

"What, honey?" my mom asked as she turned around.

"Oh, nothing," I gave off a fake smile as she turned back around and continued to cut strawberries.

"Brennan and his family are coming over for lunch. Which is in ten minutes, so if I were you, I would clean up just a bit. You know, brush hair, put on an outfit, etc."

"Wow mom." I whispered, looking down at myself.

"Annie," she rose her voice.

"They see me like this all the time, what's the difference if they see me in this state just one more time?" I argued.

"Annie, please, just do what I say. Go put on something nice." she said to me. "I'm going back to the hospital in two weeks, so just keep in mind that this might be one of the last times you see me."

I opened my mouth to fight back, but I kept it closed instead. I put my phone face down on the counter and walked over to the stairs.

"I'm sorry," I said before I walked up the stairs. When I reached my room, I put on a white seaside shirt with some nike shorts. I then walked into the bathroom and put on some concealer. I blended that in with a beauty blender and then bronzed my face. I put on some mascara and a tiny bit of highlighter. I set that all with a powder and spray right after I heard the doorbell ring.

I quickly brushed through my hair, and as I brushed my teeth, I could hear everyone's conversations downstairs.

"Hey guys!" my mom said as I heard a door open.

"Hey Billy and Katie," Miss Jill said. "Hey hay!"

"Brennan!" Hayley screamed.

I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed. I messed around with my hair a bit and ended up pulling two pieces of hair and tying it in the back.

I then walked back out of the bathroom and into my room. I put on my black nike tennis shoes and tied the shoelaces.

When I was finally ready, I walked out of my room and down the stairs. When I reached the bottom, I said, "Hey guys," and everyone looked at me.

I walked over to everyone and Ryan ran to me to give me a big hug.

"Aw, dude. I saw you yesterday," I laughed.

"I know, I just missed you so much," his voice muffled from my shirt.

I smiled down at him and rubbed his back. When Ryan finally let go of me, I looked up to Katie and my eyes went big.

"Katie!" I smiled.

"Annie!"

I ran over to her and gave her a big hug.

"I'm so sad I didn't see you yesterday. I missed you so much," she whispered to me.

"I know, and I've missed not having my second sister around."

When I heard Brennan say, "Aww," we both pulled away. I then walked over to Brennan's mom and gave her a quick hug.

"Hey girl," she smiled at me.