Chapter 47

Date : July 31, 2014
Age : 17
POV : Annie

brennan's dad's funeral;

I jumped out of my white car and fixed my hair. I flattened my dress and re-adjusted my shoes. I began to walk towards the church doors until I saw Ryan.

"Ryan!" I yelled at him. His back was turned to me, but I could see that he was wearing a blue polo shirt and khakis.

"Annie." he cried as he turned around. His eyes were puffy and he was rubbing them, only making his eyes look even redder.

"Come here Ryan." I held my arms out wide.

He ran into my arms and I picked him up. His legs wrapped around my stomach and I was gripping onto his back. Ryan is only 6 years old, so he barely knew his dad. I really hope he remembers him as he grows older.

"It's okay." I cooed as I rubbed his back. After a good minute, I set him on my hip and I carried him in the church.

I first saw Katie and I side hugged her.

"I love you Katie. It will be okay." I said as I wiped away her tears to keep her mascara from being messed up.

She looked at me with her eyes as big as could be. "I hope so." she whispered.

"And I know so." I reassured her.

I then walked, with Ryan still on my hip, around her and said hello to everyone I knew. After about ten minutes of greeting everyone, I searched everywhere for Brennan.

"Oh, I know." I whispered to myself. "The casket."

"What?" Ryan squeaked.

"Oh nothing." I smiled at him.

I speed walked through the auditorium and opened a door labeled "Funeral Ceremonies."

I slowly opened the door and I saw a tall figure standing beside the basket. His hair was brown and his arms looked covered in muscles.

Brennan.

I set Ryan down and said, "Go back to Katie for a second and tell her that I sent you, okay?"

"Okay." he smiled, for the first time all day, as I set him down.

I watched him run off until I couldn't see him anymore. My hands were placed on the edge of the doorway as I redirected my attention back to Brennan.

I slowly walked in and closed the door behind me. I walked down the long aisle until I was right behind Brennan.

Brennan was as silent as could be. He was like a rock. No movement. No whisper. Just a few sniffles here and there.

I tapped his shoulder and he immediately turned around.

"Annie" he cried.

I threw my arms around his neck and he lifted my feet off the ground.

(looked something like this)