Chapter 83

Date : February 2, 2016
Age : 19
POV : Annie

"Jayden, it's so obvious. Ethan really likes you." I tried to tell her.

At the moment, Sydney, Jayden, and I were all outside on a bench behind the school. No one ever came back here. It's always been quiet and almost unknown to us until about a week ago.

"I mean, I just don't know," Jayden said as she looked down and fiddled with her thumbs.

"Do you like him?" Sydney asked.

Jayden looked up at us and gave us a deep look in the eyes.

Jayden sighed and let out a small laugh that caused her to look out on the grass.

"Of course I do," she said. "I've liked him ever since I was a little girl running around in my pink bunny slippers. I thought when he moved away from Texas five years ago that I would like someone else. But I never got over him. I still talked to him and texted him everyday, but it just wasn't the same. And now that we go to the same college, well, the idea of it just makes my heart flutter."

"Jayden," I paused and smiled. "Go talk to Ethan."

"Are you sure he likes me?"

"Yes we are sure! Everytime he looks at you he blushes and he can't wipe that idiot-looking smile off his face." Sydney told her.

"Jayden, we wouldn't take you back here unless we knew it was true." I said.

"But he's my best friend. Why would I want to ruin that if something goes wrong?" Jayden frowned.

"Brennan was my best friend. See how that worked out?"

"And Hayden was my best friend!' Sydney exclaimed and gave a warm smile to Jayden.

"But history doesn't repeat itself." Jayden argued.

"Oh honey. Yes it does," I laughed.

"Do you really think i have a shot with a guy like him?" Jayden asked.

"Heck yes!" Sydney said.

Jayden looked at the both of us and smiled. She looked down and I guess her mind started to wonder. "But," Jayden said as she wiped her smile off of her face. "How do I get him to ask me out?"

I looked over at Sydney and gave her a wink.

"Oh, we'll talk to him."

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

"Thanks guy. I really appreciate. I actually think I might ask her out." Ethan said as he got off of my bed.

"Jayden really likes you. And you really like her." Sydney pointed out.

"Yeah," Ethan looked at the ground and smiled.

"I hope it works out," I whispered to him as he walked towards the door.

"Thanks again." Ethan said as he turned the doorknob. When he opened the door, Hayden was standing right in front of him.

"Oh hey." Hayden said as did a bro hug with Ethan.

"Hey, good to see you, but I have to go and talk to Jayden!" Ethan said to him as he walked around Hayden and ran out of the room.