Chapter 18

Date : December 3, 2011
Age : 15
POV : Brennan

Ahhhhh!!!! Annie is 15!!

Annie was with Sydney having a little girls time at the ice cream parlor. Annie told me to meet her at Caleb's bench at 12.

I looked at my watch. 11:48 a.m.

I walked into the bathroom and buttoned up my shirt. I ran my hand through my hair and grabbed my phone. I went over to counter and grabbed my bouquet of flowers and my present for Annie.

I walked out the door and started heading towards the park.

As I came closer and closer, I saw the bench where we were supposed to meet.

I ran over towards the bench and waited. I straightened my shirt and set everything down on the bench as I saw a big black car pull up in front of me.

the passengers seat door opened and out came Annie.

she started to jump up and down when she saw me.

eventually she stopped jumping and ran the short distance in between us. she jumped on me and wrapped her legs around my waist.

I spun her around and set her down.

she smiled nonstop as I said, "happy birthday Annie!"

"thanks" she stood up on her tippy toes and kissed me on the cheek.

I looked up and out came Hayden and Sydney from the car.

"hey guys." I said still wrapping my arm around Annie.

they both smiled and said, "hey Brennan."

I then said, "oh yeah! Annie I have something to give you." I let go of her.

I first bent down and grabbed the flowers.

she gasped. "oh my gosh! they're beautiful." she looked amazed as she took the bouquet into her hands.

"like you." I smirked.

"oh stop flirting." she said to me and laughed.

"sorry, can't help it." I looked down at her.

I then bent down and grabbed the box.

I handed it to her and we sat down. she took the top off of the box and took the first thing out.

"it's so pretty!!" she gasped as she took the necklace out of a smaller box. "B as in Brennan?" she smiled.

"yup." I put my arm around her.

she smiled and I put it on her.

"it looks amazing." Sydney spoke up.

"thanks." Annie smiled as she took the next thing out of the basket.

"a photo album!!" she smiled.

the front cover was her favorite picture of us from homecoming.

she opened up to the first page and laughed.

"oh my gosh!! is that Caleb?" she blurted out laughing.

"yep." I smiled.

me, Annie, and Caleb were all hanging out at the beach in that photo. we were all sunburnt and covered in sand from head to toe. we looked to be about four or five.

she kept on flipping the hundred of pages and then skipped to the last page of the photo album.

it was picture of me and Annie right when I asked her out.

"oh my." she whispered as she smiled.

she snuggled deeper in my arm and read the note out loud that I wrote down next to the picture.

"Dear Annie." she smiled. "When I first met you, I knew we would be friends. but I never suspected us to be this close. you continue to lighten up my day all the time and I couldn't thank you enough for that. when I first told my parents about our relationship, they said, 'she's something, huh?' and I replied 'no. she's everything.' You are my travel buddy and my best friend. you are also pretty baller ." she paused and we both cracked up but she continued after awhile. "I can't promise to fix all of your problems, but I promise that you won't have to face them alone." she smiled. "Most say that one smile can't change the world, but your smile changes mine. you are my happy. Love, Brennan." she closed.

"awww." she said.

"we'll leave you two alone." Sydney said as she took Hayden's hand and walked the other direction,

"happy birthday." I said to her.

she wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled.

"I love you." she said.

"I love you more." I smiled,

"I love you most."

we both paused but then I said, "I love you mostest." and laughed.

she closed the gap between our lips and kissed me for a good twenty seconds.

she pulled away and smiled. "thanks. Brennan."

she stood up and said, "life wouldn't be fun without you."

I picked myself up and replied, "same for you too."

I then took over hands, intertwined our fingers and looked at Annie.

she looked back at me and just smiled.

"your smile is too contagious." I smiled.