Chapter 50

Date : December 25, 2014
Age : 18
POV : Annie

It was about 12:00 when Brennan had arrived. My family had just gotten finished with our whole "Christmas Routine" and, for some reason, I was very happy today.

Ding Dong

I smiled and jumped up off the couch. I went over to the door and opened it to see Brennan. I threw my arms around his neck and whispered to him, "Merry Christmas."

He said, "Merry Christmas," back and then I pulled away.

I looked down at his present and smiled. "You did not have to get me a single thing."

"Too bad." he smiled and held the present up to my face.

"Fine." I smiled and grabbed the present from his hands. We walked over to the couch and sat down. I slowly began to unwrap my present and I smiled like a little girl throughout the whole process.

I opened the small box inside and it revealed a necklace. It had and infinity on it and on the back of the necklace, the words "October 1st, 2009❤️ Celebrate Life." were engraved on it.

And then it all hit me like a truck. This was my necklace that Brennan's dad had given to me after Caleb passed away. It was my favorite necklace. That necklace was my everything at the time. Whenever I looked down on it, I saw Caleb.

But I had lost it.

I never saw it again until today.

I held the necklace up to my face and smiled. I wiped away my tears and said, "Where did you find this?"

"Our basement actually." he smiled.

"Oh my god I love you so much." I enveloped my arms around his neck and I could feel him smile.

"There's more." he whispered.

I pulled away from him and looked down into the bag. I pulled out a framed picture of Caleb and I. My smile became bigger and I cried some more.

Brennan put both of his hands up to my face and wiped away my tears.

"Well, my present for you could never beat yours, but I tried." I got up off the couch and ran upstairs. I went into my room and grabbed Brennan's present.

I then ran back downstairs and went over to Brennan. I hand d him the present and he immediately opened it.

"Slow down there cowboy." I told him.

He smirked and kept on ripping through the packaging.

In it, he found a hat that said, "Mexico - Summer 2015"

He looked at it in confusion but said, "Oh thank you Ans," anyway.

"Brennan." I bumped him in the shoulder. He looked up at me and I said, "Use your mind dude."

He looked back down at the hat, back up at me, and then back down at the hat. Five seconds later, he jumped up and said, "Oh my god! Annie you did not have to do this!"

I smiled at him and said, "Yes I did. Our last summer as kids should be spent the right way." I then dug behind my pillow and pulled out four plane tickets to Mexico.

"Sydney and Hayden are coming too, right?" he asked me.

"Of course." I smiled, "Why would we ever go on a trip without them,"

Brennan looked down on me and grabbed my hands. He slowly intertwined them and said, "I can't believe it. It will be the best summer ever."

He fell on my body and I laughed. he kissed my cheek and we just kind of laid there for a while.