Rats On A Train

Nobody's POV

"Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll put Mia in the tornado simulator, frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out." Mr Davenport explains.

"Okay, Mia I'm setting your capsule onto 'Hurricane'. If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign." He says as Mia steps inside her capsule.

"Bring it!" Mia shouts as Donald powers up her capsule.

"Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather." Leo whines.

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath." Bree says.

"I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day." Adam says, pulling a 'are you stupid?' face.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not." Donald says.

"I can handle extreme wind." Leo protests.

"Leo, you get blown away by the air con." Chase chuckles.

"Davenport." Donald says, answering his ringing phone. "What?! Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I- I gotta do something." He gasps before hanging up the phone.

"What's going on? What's so terrible?" Adam asks.

"I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!" Donald shouts.

"Well, then what was awesome?" Chase asks.

"It's going like 400 miles an hour." Donald replies, giggling like a child. "My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train! I don't understand it! My design was flawless!" He groans.

"So flawless you forgot to include an emergency brake?" Leo asks, getting a glare back.

"No! I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then jumping off the train!" Donald snaps.

"Well, if I were to build a high-speed train, the first thing I would have put in was a cup holder. Oh! And one of those bumper stickers on the back that says, "I brake for cows." Adam says.

"When stuff like this happens, they always blame the scientist. This is human error. Scientists don't make mistakes." Donald says, pacing around the room.

"Hey, do one of you mind letting me out of here! I think my ears popped!" Mia snaps from inside her capsule.

"Great, now I have to explain the whole train story again." Donald groans.

"The good news is, whenever I invent something, I always create a backup device to support it." Donald explains as Bree puts ear drops into Mia's ears.

"As opposed to just building it right the first time." Mia says.

"Ya know, I think I liked you better stuck in a capsule!" He snaps, glaring down at Mia. "My auxiliary decelerator will stop anything- Ocean liners, freight trains, tanks, eighteen-wheelers, twelve-wheelers-" He explains pulling a metal contraption out of a duffle bag.

"Does it stop unnecessarily long explanations?" Leo asks.

"Apparently so. Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get it on the train." Donald sighs.

"You guys thinking​' what I'm thinking​'?" Bree asks, looking over at her siblings.

"Our first mission!" Bree and Chase shout in unison.