Left Behind

Nobody's POV

"Here you go, guys. Protein recovery bars." Chase says as he holds out recovery bars to the students in the cafeteria.

"Ugh! Again?" Bob groans as he grabs one of the bars.

"Yes, again. Would you like to complain more about the free food, Bob!? Mr. Davenport made them to maximize our workouts. They have everything the body needs." Chase explains.

"Yeah, to make it puke. I'm gonna hold out until the 3:00 peanuts." Spin groans.

"I'm with Spin on that." Mia adds, receiving a glare from Chase.

"Luckily for me, I'm bionic, so I don't have a gag reflex." Adam says as he grabs two of the bars.

"We're all bionic, and yes, you do." Bree says giving him a strange look.

"No, I don't. Ooh! Yes, I do." Adam scoffs as he has food stuffed in his mouth, causing him to gag and spit it out.

"Ooh. What's that?" Spin asks as Leo walks in, a huge box in his hands.

"Oh, this? It's just a little care package my mom sent out for all of us. Oh, wait. Nope, it's just for me." Leo replies with a smirk, just as they hear a loud squirting sound across the room, where Bob is putting ketchup on his protein bar.

"Oh, it's uh, easier for me to swallow if I pretend it's a hamburger. Which is tough, because I don't even know what a hamburger is." Bob chuckles.

"Wait, you've never had a hamburger? That's so sad!" Bree gasps walking towards him.

"Wanna cheer me up by giving me a hug?" Bob asks holding his arms out.

"That's so sad!" Bree cries before walking back over to her siblings.

"These kids have never seen the outside world. They're more socially awkward than we were." Mia chuckles.

"Ah, yes. I remember your first days out of the lab. So young, so naive. You needed a strong hand to guide you." Leo sighs.

"Yeah. But all we got was you. And your about a guiding as a stop sign." Mia chuckles, making Leo glare at her.

"Mia's right. These kids deserve a taste of the real world." Bree adds.

"Well, I just got some food from the real world. You guys are welcome to... Wait, nope. No, it's just for me." Leo says with a smirk. just as a large gust of wind shoots past him.

"What was that?" Leo asks looking around him.

"No idea." Spin says with a smirk, peanut butter smeared all over his face.

"You are learning the ways of the Mia, my young grasshopper." Mia says as she and Spin do a bow.

"Yeah, I don't think we should let her mentor him anymore." Chase mutters as he and his siblings give Mia a strange look.

"Hey, Mr. Davenport. We've been talking, and we wanna take the students on a field trip." Chase says as he and his siblings walk up to Donald in the common area.

"Great! Where do you wanna take 'em? Uh, living quarters? The kitchen? That rock on the other side of the island?" Donald mocks giving them a strange look.

"Come on, you know what we mean." Bree groans.

"Forget it. They're not ready to socialize with the general population yet." Donald sighs.

"You let me out there, why can't they?" Mia asks, making everyone give her a strange look.

"Wait, but what is the big deal? It's not like these kids are a secret. The whole world knows they exist." Bree says.