Curse Of The Screaming Skull

Nobody's POV

"Hey, Leo, where you been?" Bree asks as Leo walks into the common area.

"I just finished watching a I was so scared, I chewed through all my fingernails. But on the bright side, I had a big bowl of popcorn, so they were delightfully tasty." Leo chuckles with a shrug.

"Guys, how is our first Halloween at the academy going to be spooky when all we have is this pathetic little box of Halloween decorations? And, uh, what is this disgusting slime in the trick-or-treat bowl?" Bree gasps as she pulls out a bowl, full of an oozing orange liquid.

"Oh, that's not slime. That's last year's pumpkin. I'm surprised it didn't keep." Adam says with a shrug.

"I wanna eat it." Mia mutters as she lunges for it, Bree pulling her back.

"Hey, guys." Bob says as he walks into the room.

"Bob, what are you doing here? All the other students are out with Mr Davenport on a field trip to the Davenport birthplace and museum." Chase asks giving him an odd look.

"Gosh darn it, I can't believe I'm missing that." Bob says in a sarcastic voice.

"Really, Bob?" Bree scoffs giving him an accusing look.

"Oh, come on. Part of the tour is him re-enacting his birth." Bob groans.

"This kid might be smarter than we thought." Adam mutters with a smile.

"Ooh, smoothie." Bob gasps as he grabs the treat bowl and walks out.

"Maybe not." Adam mumbles before running after him.

"Later, machine people. I'm taking the metal detector to the beach to look for other people's money." Perry says as she walks into the room, a metal detector in hand.

"So what, you're done going through our wallets?" Chase asks.

"Yep. How do you think I paid for this thing? If you need me, I'll be at the island across the way." Perry says as Douglas walks into the room.

"What island? The deserted one?" Douglas asks with a frantic look.

"Care to join me? There's room for two in my inflatable kayak. If you're good, we could play shipwrecked passenger and curious island native." Perry says in a 'seductive' voice.

"How about we play shipwrecked passenger and rescue pilot who just keeps flying?" Douglas mutters, a disgusted look on his face.

"Hey, I've always wondered about that island. Oh, maybe there are waterfalls." Bree gasps.

"And caves." Leo adds.

"And lagoons." Mia adds with a smile.

"Maybe we'll be introduced to cool new species of insects." Chase says with a smirk.

"And then, we can introduce them to an uncool species of human." Bree mocks, receiving a glare back.

"Trust me. You don't wanna go to that island. From what I hear, that place is uninhabited for a reason. It's a scary jungle full of venomous snakes, rabid bats and toxic plants that cause rashes." Douglas explains with a groan.

"Rashes don't bother me. I'm rarely without one." Perry replies with a shrug.

"I'm headed to the mainland for a supply run. Just promise me you won't go there." Douglas says as he steps into the hydra loop.

"Sure. No problem." Perry says as Douglas shoots off in the hydra loop.

"Well, I'm off to that other island." She says as she heads for the door.