Concert In A Can

Nobody's POV

"Oh, sweet! Look at your fingers go! It's like each one has a little brain of its own." Adam chuckles as he and Chase watch the new boy Marcus play his guitar.

"Thanks. You know, you guys are the only people who have talked to me at this school. I hate being the new kid." Marcus sighs.

"Yeah, we used to be the new kids that no one talked to. Now we're just the vaguely familiar kids that no one talks to." Chase says.

"Hey, peeps. What's the deal-io?" Leo asks walking over to the three boys.

"Hi. I'm Marcus." Marcus says turning to Leo.

"I know. We have gym together. And study hall. And also chemistry. We're lab partners." Leo groans.

"Oh. I... did not know that. Chase, you ever play guitar?" Marcus asks turning to Chase.

"No, but I've always wanted to." Chase says.

"Well, I'm a jammer as well. My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling." Leo says, putting on his best bragging voice.

"Leo, your mom said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed." Chase chuckles.

"I passed it." Leo mutters.

"Here, Chase. You want to give it a go?" Marcus asks handing Chase his guitar.

"W- yeah- yeah. Sure. Why not?" Chase stammers standing up in the middle of the hall. He quickly uses his super intelligence to gather all he knows about guitars, and plays like a rockstar, shocking everyone.

"Uh... What do you know? Beginner's luck." He stammers handing the guitar back to Marcus.

"So me and my dad moved around a lot. I was homeschooled for most of my life." Marcus says as he, Chase and Marcus sit in the cafeteria.

"No way! So were we! We are so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?" Adam gasps.

"Anyway... That's a pretty sweet guitar, Marcus." Chase says trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, and you're a natural, bro! Guys! We should start a band!" Marcus suggests.

"Oh, that's a great idea!" Adam gasps drumming on the table with his plastic utensils. "But what would I play? Oh, I got it! No, I don't got it." Adam adds.

"I think you're gonna be our drummer, Adam." Marcus chuckles.

"Hmm. Interesting choice. I had been pondering the french horn." Adam says.

"Hey, Leo, guess what? Marcus and Adam and I are forming a band." Chase says as Leo walks over.

"Well, you guys just met. Don't you think it's a little soon?" Leo says, not liking the idea of Marcus forming a band with his step-brothers.

"A little soon for what? Taking the deeply committed step of jamming together?" Chase asks.

"Now if we could just find someplace to practice. I live in a pretty small place, so..." Marcus says.

"Well, you know, Marcus, we have a pretty big place. We can all just jam there." Chase suggests.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold your horses, cowboy. Come on. Chase, what are you doing? Do you really think it's a good idea to let a total stranger into our very private home?" Leo stammers.

"That's okay, guys. We don't have to jam. Not everyone needs a bright spot in their otherwise horrible life." Marcus sighs.

"Oh, look, Leo, you're making him feel bad. Don't worry, Marcus. We'll practice at our place later. Come on over." Chase says.