On The Edge Pt.2

Nobody's POV

"It's really weird not having you here, Leo. Everybody really misses you." Bree says as she, Adam and Chase video chat with Leo in the living quarters.

"It's been two weeks. When are you coming back?" Chase asks.

"I'm sorry, guys. When I said I was done, I meant it. I've hung up my mission suit forever." Leo sighs.

"Then can I have it? I found a guy in Japan who's willing to pay top dollar." Adam asks, receiving an odd look back from Leo.

"I appreciate the call, but things are actually great back here. School is much better without Perry, and I get to spend a ton of time with my mom." Leo explains.

"Every 16-year-old boy's dream." Bree chuckles, trying to crack a joke.

"Are you sure we can't change your mind?" Chase asks.

"Sorry, guys. I'm staying here." Leo replies with a sad smile.

"Hey guys, have you seen my phone?" Mia asks as she walks into the room, freezing when she notices Leo.

"Oh, your talking to him." She mutters glaring at Leo.

"Yes, because that's what civil people do. Talk. Not attack." Leo replies with a smirk.

"At least I don't run from my problems." Mia says before walking across the room, turning away from the screen.

"I gotta go guys. Mom's hosting her book club tonight, and I'm in charge of dessert. Turns out my laser sphere has caramelized the perfect creme bruleau." Leo explains turning back to Adam, Bree and Chase.

"Whoo, that sounds good. Do I, uh, have to read a book to get in on that?" Adam asks, receiving an odd look back.

"Later, guys." Leo says before hanging up, leaving the four bionic teens in an awkward silence.

"I know you two aren't on the best of terms, but can't you try to be civil with him?" Chase asks turning to Mia.

"No! Leo's my best friend and he's acting like a jerk!" Mia protests.

"I thought I was your best friend?" Bree asks with a hurt look.

"No, it was Leo. But good news, the spot's open." Mia says before walking out.

"This isn't right. Leo deserves to be up there with us at the award ceremony tomorrow, even if he and Mia aren't best friends at the moment." Chase sighs turning to his siblings.

"Couldn't agree with you more. And that's why he's gonna be. Say hello to the newest member of the bionic team. Cardboard Leo." Adam says as he pulls out a large cardboard cut out of Leo.

"What is that?" Chase gasps giving him an odd look.

"Uh, it's a life-size cardboard cutout of Leo, hence the name Cardboard Leo. Pay attention, Chase. This stuff isn't that hard." Adam explains pulling a 'duh' face.

"I think what he means is, are you crazy?! We can't bring that to the ceremony!" Bree gasps.

"Of course we can, and if things get boring, I'm gonna fold him into an airplane and fly him around." Adam says before he starts running around the room with the cut-out, receiving odd looks from Bree and Chase.

"So 9:00 a.m. tomorrow, we'll take the hydra loop to the mainland and we will travel to the president's award ceremony in my self-driving limo." Donald explains as he and the three older bionic teens walk through the common area.

"I call shotgun!" Adam shouts holding his hand up.

"Adam, it's a limo. Everyone rides in the back." Chase says giving him an odd look.