Air Leo

Nobody's POV

"Hey, Janelle, how about that lunch special today?" Leo asks walking over to Janelle in the school hall.

"Really? That's your opener?" She asks, not impressed by Leo's lame opener.

"Well, I was gonna go with "Where have you been all my life?" but I'm only, like, 14, so... What are you up to?" Leo says, making Giselle laugh slightly.

"I'm signing people up for the annual one-on-one basketball tourney." Janelle says showing Leo the sign up sheet.

"Ew. How'd you get stuck doing that?" Leo chuckles.

"I love basketball." Janelle says.

"Me, too! I too love the basketball. In fact, they call me Hoop Master Leo." Leo lies, trying to sound cool in front of Janelle.

"No, they don't." Janelle says bluntly.

"No, they don't." Leo mutters, his face going red from embarrassment.

"Oh, hey, do you wanna sign up for the one-on-one tourney? We need people badly." Janelle begs as people walk past

"Oh. Sign me up." Leo says.

"Not that badly." Janelle mutters, not wanting Leo to take part in the tourney.

"One-on-one tourney? Don't you mean "The Trent Show"? Starring Trent... With a special appearance by... Trent." Trent mocks strutting over.

"Trent, you're the five-time champ. I already signed you up." Janelle sighs, sick of hearing the jokes irritating voice.

"Soon to be six-time champ." Trent chuckles before walking away, no doubt off to pick on another kid.

"No one's signing up for the tournament because he wins every year." Janelle groans.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" Mia asks walking over.

"Janelle needs people to sign up for the basketball tourney." Leo explains.

"Sign me up." Mia says turning towards Janelle.

"You play basketball?" Janelle asks, shocked that a girl with such a small stature would be any good at sport.

"Oh yeah, I was on the basketball team for a while." Mia says with a smirk.

"You accidentally walked onto the court during practice and Larry Stintson slam dunked you into the net." Leo chuckles, wiping the smirk right off Mia's face.

"Do you know what Mia, your in. No one else has the guts to go up against Trent." Janelle says handing Mia the sign up sheet.

"Check it out, it's a wild nerd." Trent cackles walking over and giving Leo a wedgie, causing everyone in the hall to laugh at him.

"Ha ha. Never gets old Trent." Leo squeals, trying to keep a speck of pride by not screaming.

"And no matter what I do, Trent always makes me look like a fool in front of Janelle." Leo sighs as he rants to Chase in the lab.

"Well, he does get a little help from you in that area." Chase chuckles, making Leo send a sharp glare in his direction.

"How awesome would it be if I could beat him in that basketball tournament? That would impress her." Leo says, imagining him beating Trent and Janelle loving him.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" Mia asks walking into the lab.

"She made it worse too. Why did you sign up for the basketball tourney?" Leo groans walking over to Mia.