Spider Island

Nobody's POV

"Yes Donny, I'll take out the garbage. No Donny, I won't experiment on the kids' bionics while they're asleep again." Douglas says into the phone as he walks into the common area, Leo and Mia giving him odd looks as he does.

"It was one time and you didn't even notice." He protests.

"It was way more than one time!" Mia scoffs giving him a 'seriously' look.

"Gotta go. Yes, I miss you too." Douglas says as he hangs up the phone.

"Well, Donny and the students made it to Gettysburg for their first official field trip." He explains turning to Leo and Mia.

"Bionic kids and canon balls. What could possibly go wrong?" Leo mutters.

"I don't hear anything wrong with that." Mia says with a shrug.

"And that's why we're never taking you to Gettysburg." Leo says giving her an odd look.

"Wait a minute. You're a student, why didn't you go?" Douglas asks turning to Leo.

"Oh, Big D thinks I'm there. When he takes attendance, I've paid a kid 5 bucks to yell 'Here!' and another kid 10 bucks to yell 'Shut it, Leo'." Leo chuckles as Bree walks in.

"Oh, hey Bree. I ditched the field trip, so I could hang out with you guys. What shall we do on our day off?" He says walking over to her.

"Our day off? No, this is my day off and I already got it all planned out. I'm going to sit by the pool and read a book. I'd invite you to hang out with me, but I live and work with my family, so I'm sick of all of you." Bree explains with a shrug.

"Ten bucks on me throwing her books in the pool." Mia mutters to Leo, Leo shaking her hand quickly.

"Hey Chase. Wanna hang out?" Leo asks as Chase walks into the room.

"Sorry Leo, I've gotta make the most of my day off. I already organized the weapons' vault, alkalized the island's water system and taught a cute little group of dolphins to wave hello! Next up, some light reading. Oooh." Chase explains before grabbing Bree's book and reading through it quickly.

"She ended up marrying the vampire? I did not see that coming!" He gasps handing Bree the book back as Adam walks in with a large rock.

"Oh, hey Adam!" Leo shouts waving at him.

"No." Adam mutters trying to push past him.

"But I haven't even asked you anything yet!" Leo protests.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Go ahead." Adam replies with a smile.

"Thank you. Would you like to han-" Leo asks.

"No. Check out this rock I found on shore! I had to dig it out from under a wooden box of old yellow coins and jewellery." Adam chuckles turning to his other siblings.

"Adam, this isn't a rock. It's a fossil. Let me see that." Chase says putting the rock on the table and scanning it with his bionic eye.

"This is a prehistoric sea spider! It went extinct millions of years ago." He gasps.

"Way to go, Chase. You made my rock boring." Adam groans before walking off.

"Cool, I love spiders! You know, back in high school, they used to call me 'Spider Legs!'. And now I'm realizing that's a bad thing." Leo mutters.

"I think it's from the cretaceous period." Douglas says as he looks at the fossil.

"You're right, Douglas! It's from the valanginian subdivision." Chase adds.