Smash The Atoms

Nobody's POV

"Hey Chase, whatcha doing?" Mia asks walking into the training area, where Chase is stood alone surrounded by his lab equipment.

"Not now Mia, I'm about to crack an invention I've been working on since I was 10." Chase mutters as he continues to work away at the table.

"Oh cool, what is it?" Mia asks walking towards him.

"It's the worlds most advanced atomic de-atomizer. It breaks down the atoms of an object and absorbs the energy from those atoms." Chase explains with a smile.

"So it's like my bionic manipulation but in a small device?" Mia asks with a shrug.

"No, no-you know what? Sure." Chase mutters before turning back to his work.

"Cool, let me try!" Mia gasps as she grabs the device from the table and runs across the room with it.

"No, Mia! I haven't finished re-!" Chase shouts before Mia fires the device, causing it to shatter in her hands.

"I haven't recalibrated the laser." He mutters looking down at the floor.

"Oopsy." Mia chuckles as she puts the broken device back on the table.

"What were you thinking?! I've been working for that for years!" Chase snaps with a sharp glare.

"Relax, just do some typey-typey and fix it." Mia says with a shrug.

"I can't just do some 'typey-typey'! The device is powered by nuclonium and I just used the last of Davenport Industries' nuclonium to power the prototype!" Chase yells, his rage spiralling out of control.

"But, Chase-." Mia mutters, small tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't 'But, Chase' me! Can't you just be responsible for once! You always screw everything up! Why do you have to ruin everything?!" Chase barks, making Mia burst into tears and run out.

Chase looks at her, instantly feeling guilt, but soon remembers the smashed prototype on his desk and it fades away. He slowly turns back to his work, hiding the guilt on his face.

"Yes. Nuclonium's what I need. How much will shipping cost?-24,000 bucks!" Chase gasps as he paces up and down the mentors quarters on his phone, desperate to get hold of some nuclonium.

"Hey Chase." Bree says as she walks in with Adam and Leo, concerned looks on all of their faces.

"I'll call you back." Chase mutters before he hangs up the phone and puts it in his pocket, turning towards his siblings.

"Have you seen Mia? She's not answering her phone and no one's seen her for hours." Bree says.

"Eh, I'm sure she'll turn up." Chase mutters before turning towards the kitchen, trying to hide the guilt on his face.

"Chase, what did you do?" Leo asks walking over to him.

"Nothing!" Chase shouts, his voice going unusually high.

"He's hiding something. His voice only goes that high when he's lying. And when I'm throwing him." Adam says with an accusing look.

"Okay look, you guys know that atomic de-atomizer I've been working on for years?" Chase asks, receiving blank looks back from his siblings.

"Anyways, Mia fired it before I finished re-calibrating the laser and she broke it." He adds with a nervous laugh.

"Ok, but how does that have anything to do with her going missing?" Leo asks in a confused look.

"I kinda yelled at her and told that she's irresponsible and always screws things up, with caused her to burst into tears and run out." Chase mutters in a guilty voice.