Bionic Birthday Fail

Nobody's POV

"Guys, I have a bad feeling. Let's get out of here." Bree says as she and her siblings stand in some kind of old parking lot. Just as they're about to leave, 4 armed attackers appear out of nowhere and start attacking them.

Chase instantly starts to fight them off, sending kick after kick at two of the attackers. Mia fires a bolt of electricity at another one of the attackers, knocking him out cold. Adam brags the final guy and throws him across the parking lot, making him screech. The simulation ends and everything disappears from around them.

"Adam, that was the Rebel Leader. The whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him." Donald groans as the four lab rats take off their goggles and walk over to him.

"I did, and his answer was, Aaaaah!" Adam chuckles.

"I think it was more like, Gaaaah!" Mia says.

"No Mia, it was Aaaaah!" Adam shouts.

"No Adam, it was Gaaaah!" Mia shouts.

"Aaaaah!"

"Gaaaah!"

"Quit it!" Chase snaps, interrupting his siblings petty argument.

"Hey, next time could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyed rebel? It's not gonna kill you to add a little something​'-something​' for the ladies." Bree says.

"Step aside, amateurs. Go ahead, Big D. Set it to awesome." Leo says walking over and grabbing the goggles.

"Leo, these goggles are not a toy." Donald says taking them out of Leo's hands and putting them on the table.

"Come on! My birthday's coming up- Globally known as Dia De Leo." Leo whines.

"No. I designed the mission simulator to fine-tune their bionics, not to go on 3-D joyrides. Besides, you're not trained for it." Donald explains.

"Well, how about as a birthday gift you give me a bionic ability?" Leo asks.

"Or I could gift-wrap reality and you could play with that for a while." Donald says.

"That was a good one." Mia chuckles.

"So Leo's having a birthday. What are you, like, nine?" Chase asks.

"Fourteen." Leo says glaring at Chase.

"So how are you gonna celebrate?" Bree asks.

"Wait, let me guess. Trip to the chocolate milk factory?" Mia gasps.

"What is with your obsession of chocolate milk?" Adam asks.

"What is with your obsession of being stupid?" Mia asks, making Adam glare at her.

"We're all going to celebrate. Every year my mom throws me a big surprise party." Leo explains

"Really?" Adam asks, excited at the thought of a party.

"Last year she baked a cake the size of me. I'm not gonna brag, but I was delicious." Leo chuckles.

"Guess what? I just found out that I won an award for my undercover reporting on expired produce: Something in the crisper can kill you." Tasha says walking into the lab.

"Congratulations! That's so great!" Donald says hugging her.

"Oh, thank you. But the awards banquet is the same night as Leo's birthday. I'm sorry, honey. I'm gonna miss it. If I don't show up, I'm afraid that they're gonna give my award to that overdramatic screen hog Linda Montieres." Tasha sighs.

"It's okay, mom. Go have fun. You deserve it." Leo says before walking over to his siblings.

"I thought she was gonna throw you a party. I was promised a party!" Bree shouts.