15 And Forgetful

It was the 25th of March

It was the 25th of March. In other words, Mia's favourite day of the year. Why you ask? Well, it was her birthday.

Mia woke up that morning with a start, instantly excited when she remembers the date. She quickly changes into her regular clothes, assuming she wouldn't have to train on her birthday.

"It's my birthday! It's my birthday! I'mma spend my money!" She sings as she bursts out of her capsule.

"Well, if I had any." She mutters with a shrug.

She turns towards her siblings capsules with a smile, eager to wake them up, only to find all three of them gone.

"Hey Leo, have you seen-?" She asks turning towards the couch, only to find her step-brother gone too.

"Hmm, there all probably preparing a party for me. Well, I better not keep them waiting." She chuckles before running out, a small smile on her face.

"I'm here!" Mia shouts as she runs into the training area, only to find everyone training as usual.

"Finally Mia, your awake. Why are you not dressed in your mentors clothes?" Chase asks giving her an accusing look.

"Yeah, you know you need to be dressed properly for today." Bree adds.

"I know, that's why I wore this." Mia says with a confused look.

"Mia, are you sure you ok? Maybe you have a fever or something, you should go lay down." Bree sighs walking towards her little sister.

That's when Mia realises what's going on.

"Oh, right. I'll go back to the mentors quarters while you guys stay here and keep making the surprise. Ok? Ok." Mia chuckles before skipping out of the room.

"Man, she's really sick. What is she going on about?" Adam asks with a confused look.

"Don't worry about it, right now we have to get back to the students assessments. We'll just have to do it without her." Chase sighs.

As Mia walks by the common area, she bumps into Leo as he makes his way to training.

"Hey Leo. Great day, isn't it?" She says smiling at him.

"Not for me. Bob kept me up all night with his snoring, I'm exhausted." Leo groans rubbing the side of his head.

"Well the others are in the training area preparing the surprise! Ah! I'm so excited!" Mia gasps before running out, Leo giving her a strange look as she does.

"I really question what goes through her head." Leo mutters before walking into the training area, totally confused about the whole situation.

Mia spent the rest of that morning sat in the mentors quarters, completely bored out of her mind. She had tried tossing a ball at the wall, but it had falling into the pool and she couldn't be asked to fish it out. She then tried naming all of the students in alphabetical order, but she lost interest by the time she got to Cathy and Callum.