Missin' The Mission

Nobody's POV

"Great work. Flawless execution. Now that is how you lead a mission." Donald says as he and the 4 bionic teens walk into the lab, exhausted from the just completed mission.

"Why, thank you." Chase says flashing a smile.

"I was talking about me. But every olympic podium needs a bronze and a silver, so." Donald sighs pointing to Adam and Chase.

"Whoo-hoo! I medaled!" Adam shouts waving his arms around. He accidentally punches Donald, sending him flying across the room.

"Whoa! Ugh." Donald groans looking at Bree and Chase.

"Don't look at us. You're the one that gave super strength to a box of rocks." Bree says.

"Not to mention you gave fire to the most destructive person on the planet." Chase chuckles pointing to Mia.

"Hey, I'm not destructive. I'm just...misunderstood." Mia mutters.

"Hey, guys. How'd the mission go?" Leo asks walking into the lab.

"Great. We fixed the Pentagon's communication satellite and returned it to orbit." Bree explains.

"I even rigged it so we get every TV channel in the world! Who wants to watch Guatemalan drag racing?!" Chase chuckles.

"For once, I just wish you'd do something cool." Mia groans.

"Did my suggestions come in handy on the mission?" Leo asks.

"What suggestions?" Chase asks.

"I did a ton of strategic research and gave it to Big D." Leo says turning to Donald.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry, Leo. I didn't have time to use it." Donald sighs.

"Yes, you did. You spilled your coffee and used Leo's research to mop it up." Adam says, making Donald glare at him.

"You used my suggestions as a sponge?" Leo gasps, shocked that his step-father would do that.

"Hey, at least he didn't use it as toilet paper." Mia chuckles.

"Yeah. It was more like a paper towel. But it was very absorbent. Why don't you guys go clear out the rest of your gear." Donald says as the four bionic teens walk out of the room, leaving Donald alone with Leo.

"We need to talk. I'm done being the water boy. I wanna be a part of the team." Leo says.

"Leo, I told you, you can't be part of the team. You're not bionic. And besides, statistics show that most accidents happen within a three-mile radius of you." Donald explains.

"But I've grown. I've matured. I wear medium now." Leo says, showing Donald the tag on the back of his t-shirt. "Look, I know I can't go on missions, but I can help you in other ways. You keep ignoring me!" He groans.

"I'm sorry. You know what? Maybe there is a way you can help out around here." Donald says walking over to his desk.

"Finally. Thank you." Leo mutters following his step-father.

"Here. You can type up the mission summary reports." Donald says handing Leo a stack of papers.

"You want me to be your secretary?" Leo groans.

"No. Secretaries get paid. You'd be doing this for free." Donald says before walking off.

"Not so fast!" Perry shouts running up to the five teens as they walk through the school hall, laughing about something Mia had said.

"You four missed school yesterday... not that I didn't enjoy it. But it's been happening way too much lately. Look at this attendance report." Perry says pulling up a piece of paper.