On The Edge Pt.1

Warning: This chapter gets intense

Nobody's POV

"Well, guys, it took a while, but we finally came up with S1's new name." Leo says as he and S-1 walk over to the four mentors.

"We went through hundreds before we came up with the perfect one." S-1 adds.

"What is it?" Bree asks.

"Charlotte." Leo says with a smirk.

"Taylor." Taylor says, receiving a confused look from Leo.

"Right. Taylor. My second choice." He mutters turning away.

"I like it." Bree replies.

"It's pretty cool." Mia says with a smile.

"Yeah, great name." Chase adds.

"Eh, doesn't really matter to me. I didn't remember your other name, and I'm not gonna remember this one, either." Adam says with a shrug.

"Hey, guys. I have some very exciting news." Donald says as he walks over to the group.

"You're finally eligible for senior citizen discounts?" Bree asks with a smirk.

"No. Maybe. I don't wanna talk about it." Donald mutters, making the teens laugh.

"Look, The president called, and he's honoring you guys with a prestigious award for completing mission number 1,000." He explains.

"That's awesome. Congratulations, guys." Taylor says with a smile.

"Thanks, but technically, if you count all the missions where our bionics were still a secret, then our number is actually 2,604. But who's counting?" Chase chuckles with a shrug.

"You are. That's all you do is count." Bree groans giving him a sharp look.

"I do not. Just for the record, that's the 53rd time that you've told me that." Chase says with a smirk.

"This is gonna be great. It's about time I got honored for something. So when is this little shindig?" Leo asks with a smirk.

"Uh, in a couple of weeks. There's gonna be a big, fancy ceremony on the mainland. But the president's only honoring the original team, Adam, Bree, Chase and Mia." Donald explains.

"What? How can he do that? I go on missions with them all the time." Leo gasps.

"I'm sure when they hand out awards for completing 32 1/2 missions, you'll get yours." Donald says before walking out of the room.

"It's actually 31 1/2, but who's counting?" Chase chuckles before walking off.

"Don't worry little buddy, you'll make it someday." Mia says patting Leo on the back.

"I'm older than you?!" Leo protests.

"Not in bionic years." Mia says before walking off.

"Hey, Adam, how's the fire prevention training going?" Chase asks as he and his sisters walk over to Adam and his students in the common area.

"You said fire prevention? Ooh, well, it's too late to prevent that one. Could you guys go put that fire out and prevent the other 15 we set?" Adam chuckles in a nervous voice.

"Guys, you have to come see this. Leo just did something super amazing." One of the students, called Logan, says as he runs into the room.

Logan and the others run into the training area, only to find Taylor and Leo holding hands.

"Aww. Leo's holding hands with a girl. That is amazing." Bree says with a smirk.

"It's not a girl, it's Taylor." Leo says, receiving a glare from the girl beside him.