Sound of Madness (Part 1)

Note: Based off of the song Sound of Madness by Shinedown. Enjoy!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

Ten-year-old Evan sat on the porch of his house, shotgun ready in hand. His father usually did the patrols, but tonight, he was doing them because it was 'time for Evan to man up', as his father said. Him and his father did a very dangerous job: demon hunting. People would laugh because they thought they were crazy.

But they knew better.

Evan heard a rustling of bushes and he grabbed the gun, aiming in front of him. Instead of a demon, a little bunny hopped out. Evan sighed and chuckled to himself as he put the gun back and sat down in the chair.

"Shouldn't you be in bed, kid?"

Evan jumped and turned to look to his right. A man stood there, leaning on the edge of the chair Evan was sitting in. Evan instinctively grabbed for his gun, only to find it wasn't there.

"Looking for something?" The man asked, holding up Evan's gun. Evan's eyes widened as he started to back away. The man laughed and tossed the gun back. "Don't worry kid, I'm not here to hurt you," he said, smirking a little.

He blinked, and Evan saw the completely black eyes that he had before the blackness disappeared, leaving a pair of piercing blue eyes. Evan held up the gun and aimed.

"You're not really gonna shoot me, are you?" The man asked with a glint in his eyes.

"I might. What's stopping me?" Evan replied, cocking the gun.

"You're scared. Plus, I haven't even tried hurting you. And I'm not going to."

"I'm not scared. And how am I supposed to know that you're not lying?"

"I promise with all of my heart, kid. In fact, I'll tell you what I came here for; to give you advice."

Evan lowered his gun. "Advice? Why would a demon give a hunter advice?" The demon shrugged.

"I always see people do it wrong, so I thought I'd start somewhere."

Evan blinked before un-cocking his gun and crossing his arms.

"Well, I'm waiting."

"You're pretty sarcastic for a ten-year-old, you know that?" The demon asked before continuing on with what he was saying. "I always see people sleep with guns under their pillows, or even their hands. But the main problem with that is that they expect the worst at the darkest hour. That's wrong. The darkest hour is always in the light of day, not in the night. You may be protecting yourself, sure, but when are you actually going to get up and fight?"

Evan stared at the demon, eyes wide. He had a point, even if he was the enemy.

The sound of a door slamming open was heard, causing Evan to look back and the demon, who sighed. "Well, looks like I've got to head out, kid. Nice talkin' to ya. Hope you take what I said to heart," he said as he ruffled Evan's hair. He walked off, and just as he could no longer be seen, Evan's father opened the door.

"My turn, kiddo." Evan nodded quickly before leaving the gun and going inside. He couldn't get the demon's words out of his head, and they followed into his dreams.

He never told his father, because he was afraid that he would get an ass whooping because he didn't shoot the thing as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The now twenty-five year old sat at the bar, downing his fifth glass.

The night had been a complete train wreck, and he needed to get things off his mind.

"Well, wouldya look at that. You're still just as cute as I remember."

Evan turned to see who spoke and was met with a pair of piercing, blue eyes. Evan's own eyes squinted a bit. He knew those blue eyes, but he couldn't remember where he had seen them for the life of him.

"Do I know you?"

The stranger laughed and took a sip of the drink in his hand.

"You sure as hell do." He smiled blinked, showing him his black, inky eyes before they returned to blue. Evan's eyes widened as he finally remembered who the man was.

"What, have you come here to kill me or something?" The demon laughed and shook his head.

"Now why on Earth would I do that? You haven't done nothing to me. I just wanted to chat, that's all."

"Chat? About what, exactly?"

Evan could've sworn the demon's smile grew as he said that.

"To congratulate you, of course! You're the only god damn person on this planet who's ever taken my advice. And I drink to that," he cheered as he downed a glass.

"You came all this way just to congratulate me?"

The demon nodded. "It may seem stupid, but do you know how long I've been here? A hell of a lot longer than you, that's for damn sure. And out of all that time, only one person took my advice: You." Evan blinked before slowly taking a sip of his own drink. He felt that something was off, but he didn't know what.

"Is that the only reason you came here?" The demon shook his head.

"Nah, I got one other thing to do, but I don't know if I'm gonna do it."

"Oh yeah? What did you want to do?"

The demon smirked and scooted closer to Evan. He took Evan's face with his hands before bringing him closer and connecting their lips. Evan's eyes shut slowly as his lips moved against the others.

The demon pulled back with a sly smile on his face. "Sorry, I just couldn't resist- you've gotten a lot hotter after I last saw you," he laughed. Evan couldn't help but chuckle himself.

"If uh, if this is going to be a thing, then I think I'm gonna have to know your name," Evan said, taking another drink. The demon blinked before smiling even more.

"Jonathan. It's Jonathan."