Dogs

Tumblr prompt (kinda): "I said no more dogs, and what did you do?! GOT ANOTHER FREAKING DOG."

Note: Short one-shot. I hope you enjoy it though!

Pairing: WildMcQuaid

When Bryce got home, he expected his boyfriend to greet him. Instead what he got was silence. He frowned, knowing that something was up.

He peeked into the living room, which showed no signs of him. The kitchen was just as bare.

When he got to their bedroom, he heard him talking to someone. His frown grew and he opened the door.

"Tyler!"

Tyler stopped with what he was doing and smiled cautiously. "Hey, babe," he said, chuckling nervously as he hid something behind him.

"Why is there a dog in our room?"

"Would you believe me if I said I was babysitting it?"

Bryce huffed and crossed his arms. "I said no more dogs, and what did you do?! GOT ANOTHER FREAKING DOG."

Tyler sighed and pulled the puppy out from behind him. He brought it up to his face, using big puppy eyes. "But Bryce," he whined, "look at its cute little face! It needed a home, it couldn't just stay at the pound! I had to! How can you say no to this face?"

"Very easily, actually. You're returning the dog, Tyler."

Tyler gasped and held the dog tighter. The puppy, unaware of the situation, licked Tyler's face and started wagging it's tail. "I already got the dog, we can't return it! Do you know what they probably do to dogs that get returned? We're going to be sending the poor thing on a suicide mission!"

"Tyler, I highly doubt that they do that."

"You don't know that!"

"You don't know either. We're returning the dog."

Tyler gave the biggest puppy eyes he could manage to give. Bryce held off as long as he could, but finally broke when Tyler sniffed, as if he was about to cry. He sighed, knowing he was defeated.

"Okay, okay, we can keep the darn dog. It's completely your responsibility, though. If that dog does one bad thing, I'm sending it back, deal?" Tyler lit up immediately and got up. He kissed Bryce with all his might, which made Bryce blush a little bit.

"Yes! Don't worry Josephine, you're gonna love it here." The puppy wagged her tail and her tongue lolled out of her mouth. Bryce sighed and smiled a little, petting the dog.

He had to admit, it was pretty cute.