Request - Voices

Note: Requested by hmmm_rabbit. I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

Jonathan walked down the empty hall, his shoes clacking on the ground. The hall was dimly lit, but you were still able to see the doors. His white coat flowed behind him silently as he spedwalked to his office.

Outside the window it was dark; Jonathan had stayed past his normal hours to get some extra work done. He was usually home by this time, snuggled up beside his dog on the couch watching old reruns of cartoons he used to love as a kid as he drank a beer or two. But yet here he was, sitting at his office desk as he typed away on his laptop. He was working on a patient he had for a while now: Evan Fong.

Sure, he had other cases, like the DID patient Craig and the extremely bipolar Brock. But Evan was the most interesting to him.

Fong was a schizo, the type where he hears voices. The Asian was in his twenties and well built (which was surprising, considering he barely ate here).

He was admitted by his little brother who had seen him talking to the wall one day and then started to destroy it, along with the rest of the room. Claimed that "the voices would stop" if he did it.

It was a shame, really. Evan had a whole life ahead of him, and a mental disorder threw it all away.

Jonathan sighed and removed his glasses so he could rub his eyes before returning them to the bridge of his nose. He stared at the computer screen, looking at all he had written.

So far, he had the basics. Where Evan was from, what his personality was like, etc. Now was for the other stuff.

Jonathan didn't know whether or not it was Evan himself or the voice that prompted him to plead for his life. It was always the same thing: "Please let me out." But Jonathan always said no. Because that's what he was supposed to.

He did feel bad whenever Evan would start crying. But he'd loose his job if he let him out, or even show that he was getting close to the patient. It wasn't his job to make them feel better emotionally. It was his job to cure them mentally.

As Jonathan started at the screen, he realized something; he never actually knew what the voices said to Evan. He wasn't able to get anywhere with Evan because he'd always throw a fit. Was that Evan avoiding the situation? If so, he was very clever for a schizophrenic.

With this new information, Jonathan got up, grabbed a clipboard and pen, and nearly ran down the hall. He passed a tired nurse, almost running into him before he continued on. He finally got to Evan's cell and stopped the catch his breath. Once he did, he straightened himself out and opened the door with his key. He stepped inside, careful to shut it behind him.

Evan was on the bed, seemingly sleeping. Jonathan turned the light on as saw Evan shut his eyes tightly. Evan rolled over with a groan. "Evan, I need to speak with you." Evan looked up, hope shining in his eyes.

"Can I get out?" He asked.

"No, that's not what-"

Before Jonathan could finish, Evan started to sob. "Evan, I need you to calm down," Jonathan said, trying to subside the tears. But they just kept coming. Evan's sobbing became harsh, and Jonathan was sure he was going to ruin his throat if he continued. Evan babbled gibberish, probably something along the lines of "I wanna get out". Jonathan stopped trying to coax Evan, and figured that the tears would eventually stop. But that was not the case. Evan's tears didn't have a stop, and they just kept coming.

Jonathan sighed and checked the time. He realized that he had almost stayed past the time he said he would leave. "We'll continue this tomorrow," he assured before quickly leaving the room, making sure to lock it behind him. Jonathan rushed back to his office, closing his laptop and grabbing his stuff before leaving.

While he drove home, he thought about the situation. Why wasn't Evan letting him help? The only reason he could think of was the voices, but he had never seen such control from any type of voice before. He sighed as he pulled up to his house. He had to finish this report tonight, so there would be no relaxing this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Jonathan came into work the next day, he was surprised when it seemed as though no one was there. He went into his office, grabbed his stuff and walked to Evan's room. There he found out everyone was here, and was crowding the cell. Confused, Jonathan pushed himself through the crowd. "What the hell's going on?" He asked.

"Guy started having a mental breakdown out of nowhere when the nurses tried to give him food. He's being held down now," a doctor said. Jonathan heard Evan yelling and screaming, so he quickly pushed himself into the door.

Two guards were holding him up, trying to stop him from thrashing. Evan kicked and screamed and fought. Jonathan's eyes widened at the sight. He had never seen Evan so violent before. Evan saw Jonathan, and stopped screaming. He still fought back, but was now starting to cry and sob as hard as he could. "Let him go," Jonathan ordered.

"But-"

"I'm his doctor, I know how I can help. Let him go."

The guards looked at each other before dropping Evan. Evan was like a ragdoll, falling with no intention of stopping himself.

Jonathan rushed over to him, lifting his torso up so he could see him. Evan immediately wrapped his arms around Jonathan, sobbing into his shoulder. Jonathan froze for a second before he slowly wrapped his arms around Evan. "Shh, Evan, calm down," Jonathan whispered. Evan's sobs quieted, but the tears were still there.

Everyone had left, as the boss had gotten everyone to go back to work. Jonathan heard the door shut behind him, but he was too busy with Evan to really care. "They," Evan started to say, grabbing Jonathan's attention, "they wanted to escape, and- and they kept pounding on my head to go and they wouldn't go away and," Evan choked out a sob, wiping his eyes. "And I just wanted it to stop," he finally wailed, sobbing into Jonathan's shoulder again.

Well, that solved the problem of what they were telling Evan.

Jonathan rubbed a few circles on Evan's back, calming him down before he got up to leave. "Please," Evan pleaded, causing Jonathan to stop. "Please don't leave me. They stop when you're here," he whispered, holding a hand out to Jonathan. Jonathan stared at Evan before sighing and returning to his spot. He pulled Evan into another hug, which the man accepted immediately.

Evan stayed in Jonathan's arms until Evan had fallen asleep. That's when Jonathan picked Evan up and set him on his bed. Jonathan looked around, making sure that no one was looking through the window or anything before giving Evan a kiss on the head. He left quickly, rushing into his office to type out what had happened.