Request - Feathers (Part 5)

Note: Requested by FiFiBallinas. I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: Vancat

One of Evan's favorite things was the fair. The sounds and smell of the surrounding area always made Evan happy. Tyler wasn't that big on fairs, but if Evan was happy, then he was happy.

They walked around the fair hand in hand. Evan stopped at a shooting game and looked up at one of the toys. It was an owl with big, brown eyes that just screamed take me home. "Tyler," Evan called, catching the attention of his boyfriend.

"Yeah?"

"Can we get that?" He pointed to the stuffed animal. Tyler gave Evan a "really" look. Evan frowned and just kept on pointing to it, using puppy eyes. "Please?" Tyler looked up at the toy before sighing.

"Fine, fine." He gave the man behind the counter a dollar and picked up the toy gun. The game started, the music making Evan smile. Tyler aimed at the targets and shot as many as he could. Most of them landed dead in the center. Because he had gotten enough, they won the small toy. Evan's eyes lit up as he held it close to his chest. Tyler rolled his eyes and chuckled, kissing the top of Evan's head as their hands laced together.

They walked all around the park, going to literally every attraction there.

Once the sun started going under the horizon, Evan pulled Tyler behind the park. "Evan, where are we going?" Evan just looked back and winked at Tyler as he held his hand, weaving through the trees.

They came to a small clearing, and Evan removed his hoodie. The two wings on his back spread out. Evan looked back at Tyler with a sigh. "I used to go back here as a kid. It's nice out here, isn't it?" Tyler looked around before nodding.

"Yeah. It's really pretty," he murmured.

As Evan was looking around at the familiar area, Tyler started feeling extremely nervous. He coughed, grabbing Evan's attention. "Uh, Evan?"

Evan turned around, "Yeah?"

"I uh, I have something to ask you." Evan noticed the worry laced in his voice. His wings folded up as he walked over to Tyler.

"What is it? Are you okay?" Tyler nodded. His breathing was shaky, and his hands were also shaking. "Are you sick?" Tyler shook his head again.

"God, I thought this was going to be a lot easier," he chuckled, running a sweaty hand through his hair. Tyler reached into his pocket and pulled something out. Evan eyed it carefully, not sure as to what it was.

"Evan," Tyler began after taking a deep breath, "We've known each other for a while now, right? And we've been dating for a while too, right? Well, uh, I-I was wondering..." He stumbled over his words for a little bit until he finally just stopped talking for a second or two. "Fuck it, will you marry me you feathery son of a bitch?"

Evan now knew what was in Tyler's hand. A little box with a ring in it.

Evan started laughing as he ran up to Tyler, pulling him into a hug. "Of course I'll marry you!" He kissed Tyler with all his might. Tyler laughed and wrapped his arms around Evan's waist, picking him up and twirling him around.

"God, you worried me there for a second Tyler," Evan laughed as he was put down.

"Jesus, I was so worried you would say no. So many bad endings came through my head as soon as I said something." Evan laughed and kissed Tyler again.