Request - iRobot

Note: Requested by @Silversprinklez10. Also based off of the song iRobot by Jon Bellion. This one is also a little different than my normal one-shots. I say that because this one is actually in 1st person instead of 3rd person like it normally is. So I apologize if it's a little weird, I've never written 1st person before. I hope you enjoy this one-shot though!

Pairing: Terrornuckel

My eyes follow the people who walk past me on the sidewalk. They wear smiles on their faces as they talk, expressing themselves to the people around.

Showing emotions. Something I no longer do, or even have.

I see a woman who is crying as she stuffs her phone into her pocket. I don't feel sorry for her.

I see a man who wears a smile on his face as he talks to what is most likely his friend. I do not feel glad that they are glad.

I see a man and a woman share a quick kiss in front of a restaurant. I especially don't feel happy for this couple.

Not after last time.

I do however, feel hungry. So, I decide to stop at a cafe. I sit inside, it being too hot to sit outside. It's very packed, but I manage to find a table for myself.

Soon, a waitress walks over. She looks tired, but still has a smile on her face. "Hi! What drink can I get you to start out with?" she asks.

"Just a water," I reply blandly. She nods her head and writes it down.

"Alright! I'll be out with it soon." She quickly leaves. I sigh and look at the menu.

The waitress comes back with the water, but I still don't know what to order. "Okay, I can give you a few minutes. Oh! And is it okay if someone shares the table with you? We got a lot of people, and there aren't enough tables. If not, there are other people who are willing to give it up." I think about it for a second before shrugging.

"Sure."

She flashes a smile at me before walking away. I look back over at the menu, still wondering what I should order.

5 minutes later, I still don't know what to order. God, what even are half of these?

I heard the chair in front of me pull out, the legs of the chair squeaking against the floor. I glanced up, seeing a guy sitting there. I guess he was someone who couldn't get a seat and they sat him with me.

I sigh, frustrated with the menu before throwing it down on the table. "Can't choose anything?" The guy asks. I shake my head, and he grabs the menu. He looks over it. "I suggest the burgers; they're really good. I've had them before." I nod, avoiding his gaze. "You okay?" he asks, sounding worried. I nod my head, still not looking at him. He doesn't ask any more questions, thank god.

The waitress came back, asking if the man wants any drinks. He orders a coke. The waitress then turns to me, asking about the food. I look at the menu, specifically the burgers. I find one and point to it, "I want to try that." She smiles and nods, writing it down. She almost walks away before the man stops her, and orders the same thing. She writes that down too before walking off.

"I think you made a good choice," the man says. "That's my favorite burger here, if I'm being honest." I nod once again.

We sit in silence until the waitress comes back with the man's drink and our meals. She tells us to have a good meal before leaving.

I eye the sandwich carefully, not sure what the expect. The other man has already started eating, and chuckles a little when he sees me. "Just try it, you might like it."

I would have held off a little longer, but my stomach rumbles, making me pick up the sandwich. The man watches as I take a bite, waiting for a reaction. My eyes widen as I chew and swallow.

"So? Is it good?" I nod my head as I take another bite. The man chuckles, "I told you it would be good."

The rest of the meal is silent, save for the occasional pun from the man in front of me. I would sigh and slightly roll my eyes everytime.

Once we were both finished, I pulled out my wallet to pay for my meal. "No, no, I got it," the man said, pulling out his own wallet.

I frown and shake my head, "I can pay for my own meal."

"No, really, I insist." I look up to argue, and that's when I finally look at him for the first time.

I don't know what to think. My brain just... Stopped working. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I don't know how long I've been staring before he waves a hand in front of my face. "Hello? Are you okay? You just kinda froze for a minute or two." I shake my head look down.

"I'm fine. I don't know what happened, but I'm fine." I can see him giving me a concerned look out of the corner of my eye, but I refuse to say any more. He eventually drops it, and ends up paying for both of our meals. 

We walk out together and stand out side for a bit before the man turns to me and sticks out his hand. "Well, it was nice to eat with you," he says. I look at his hand before slowly taking it and shaking. I look up at him again, and my brain stops once more. He smiles at me before he turns away and begins walking.

As soon as I am no longer looking at him, my brain unfreezes. I try to think of what is happening, but I can't think of anything. My head hurts from thinking to much, so I try to stop and begin walking away. But one thing won't leave my mind: him. Why? I don't know.

God, my head hurts even more trying to stop thinking about him. What's happening to me?