The Run and Go

Note: Based off of the song The Run and Go by Twenty One Pilots. Also, prepare for feels. I hope you enjoy it though!

Pairing: Terrornuckel

Brian sat in his car, staring at the lit screen of his phone. He bit his lip as his finger hovered over the name. He really didn't want to call him, but it was his only choice. He had done some bad things, and he needed a save haven for the moment. He sighed, and finally clicked call as he held it up to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Brock. It's Brian."

It was silent on the other end for a moment or two.

"Brian?"

"Listen, I don't have a lot of time, and I'm really sorry for the sudden call, but I need a place to stay, and I was wondering if I could stay at your place for a bit."

"I... I guess..."

"It's still the same address, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Alright, great, see you then."

Brian ended the call and rubbed his eyes. God, he really didn't want to do this, but it was probably his only chance of not getting caught. He started up his car and went on his way to Brock's house, silently prepping himself up for what was about to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian stood at Brock's apartment door, awkwardly waiting. It made him even more nervous when he saw a guard enter the hallway, and this was a guard he had met before on much different circumstances. Brian tried to hide himself until Brock opened the door, but the guard was walking closer, whistling a random tune as he swung his keys on his finger.

Brock opened the door and didn't even get a word in when Brian rushed inside, slamming the door shut behind him. Brock blinked and looked over at the Irish man who refused to meet his eyes. Brock's surprised face turned into one of anger as he started walking towards Brian.

"You leave for four years without a trace, without calling, texting, or any communication what so ever, and then suddenly you think you can waltz back into my life? Who the hell do you think you are? Do you know how long it took me to get over that? Hell, I'm still not over it! Brian Hanby, you better have a damn good reason for coming back here."

Brian was now backed into the wall, with Brock angrily glaring at him. Brock saw the apologetic look in Brian's eyes and sighed before bringing his face down to kiss him. It took a second, but Brian kissed back. He missed the way Brock's lips felt against his.

Brock pulled back with a sigh, looking into Brian's blue eyes. "I missed you," he mumbled. Brian's breath hitched at the words before he swallowed down the lump in his throat and responded.

"Brock, I'm so, so sorry. I didn't want to leave you, at all. I got caught in something that I shouldn't have, and I just," Brian let out a frustrated sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't want to bring you in it. I didn't want you to get hurt, Brock." A questioning look sat on Brock's face as he listened.

"What happened? What did you do?"

Brian sighed once more, refusing to look Brock in the eyes once more. "I don't know if you want to know," he whispered. Brock lifted Brian's face to see tears welling up in his blue eyes. Brock kisses the tears away as he hugged Brian. Brian hugged back tightly, sobbing into his shoulder.

Once all of the tears were dried up, Brian told Brock everything. About how he got caught up in a gang all those years ago. How he had to kill a man to keep them safe. How he ran away. How the police were after him now because the gang ratted him out.

As Brian told his story, Brock's face held many emotions; anger, sadness, fear, guilt.

Once the story was done, Brian looked as though he was about to start crying again. Brock hugged him again, whispering to Brian as he rubbed circles on his back. "Brian, I forgive you." Brian looked up at him with a look a hope in his eyes.

"You- you do?" Brock nodded and smiled at him warmly.

"Yes, I do." Brian had smiled the first time that entire night, and actually the first time in a couple of years.

The last time he remembered smiling was when he gave Brock a goodbye smile with tears in his eyes. It wasn't a proper goodbye, as Brock was asleep at the time. He had kissed Brock's head and whispered comforting words before he left.

Brian yawned, causing Brock to chuckle lightly. "I think it's time for you to go to bed," he said. Brian just nodded and got up, trudging to Brock's room. Brock followed and helped him get into some pajamas.

They got into bed on their separate sides. Brock was about to fall asleep when Brian pulled him closer, holding Brock as close as possible to him. Brock smiled a little and snuggled closer, wrapping his arms around Brian's waist.

In the back of his mind, he knew that Brian would most likely have to go in the morning. He knew that it was probably going to he another couple of years before Brian fully got back to him. He knew that he couldn't hold on forever.

But for the moment, Brock was happy that he was finally reunited with the love of his life.