Rivals

Tumblr prompt: Everyone thinks we hate each other but we secretly hang out all the time and play/listen to songs together all the time

Note: This is a short one-shot. I hope you enjoy it though!

Pairing: Vaniplier

In high school, there were two groups of kids that everyone knew about. Everyone believed that they were rivals, and it was always exciting when people from both groups were in the same area. The most known ones from the group were the 'leaders': Evan Fong and Mark Fishbach.

Everyone had their own opinions on which group was better. Some said Evan's because his group was bigger. Others said Mark's because the kids in his group were more known.

But in reality, these two groups were completely cool with each other.

Yes, they knew about their so called 'hatred' towards each other. Because of that, they ignored each other for the most part. None of them even knew what had started the rumor, but they thought it was funny, so they never corrected anyone.

Especially Mark and Evan. I say that because the two were actually dating. During school, they barely even glanced at each other. But right when school ended and they were out, they were glued to each other's side.

Both groups knew about the relationship, and they didn't really care. As long as they were happy together. And they were.

"Hey Evan," Mark greeted with a smile once they were out of view of the school.

"Hey Mark," Evan smiled back, intertwining their hands together as they walked.

"Same as usual?" Mark asked.

"Same as usual."

The usual was that they went over to Mark's house to hang out. Evan usually ended up spending the night, but that was okay. All they really did was listen to music, sometimes playing it themselves. Mark could sing, and Evan could play guitar, so they were a pretty good pair when it came to music.

"So what are we playing today?" Mark asked. Evan thought for a moment before grinning.

"Master of Puppets by Metallica." Mark groaned and threw his head back.

"Evan, I told you that I can't sing that song," he whined with a smile. Evan laughed and got his guitar set up.

"I'm kidding. How about some ACDC instead?"

"Evan!"

Evan laughed again and chose something that Make could sing without messing up his vocal chords.

After a while they started getting bored, so they put everything away and just sat in each other's arms. Mark let out a happy sigh as he looked at Evan. "I love you, you know that?" Evan chuckled and gave Mark a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you too, Mark."