Freak Show (Part 1)

Note: Based off of the song Freak Show by Set It Off. I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

When Evan was young, he loved to go to the circus. The clowns, the elephants, the popcorn; he loved every bit of it.

His favorite part of the circus was the dancers. You know, the ones who worked in the long silk streaks that hung from the ceiling. Evan loved those. He always found their movements absolutely mesmerizing and stunning.

The circus had come to his town when he was about ten or so. It was the first time he had gone, and it was a day he wasn't going to forget.

The most memorable thing there was the boy he had met. He seemed a little older than Evan, but he worked with the circus. Evan remembered because he saw him giving the knives to the knife thrower during his act.

Their meeting was an accident; Evan wasn't watching where he was going and accidentally bumped into him. "Oh, uh, sorry-" he stopped when he looked up at the boy. He had bright, blue eyes and an equally bright smile.

"It's fine, kid. You enjoy the show?" He asked. Evan nodded.

"Well that's good. What was your favorite part?"

"The dancers on the silk things! They were so cool!" Evan exclaimed, lighting up as soon as he mentioned them. The boy chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Yeah, they're pretty cool. Hey, what's your name?"

"Evan. What's yours?"

"My circus name is Delirious, but- and don't tell anyone this- my real name is Jonathan."

"Delirious? Why Delirious?"

Jonathan- Delirious laughed, and Evan didn't need an answer anymore. "Oh." Delirious laughed again, ruffling Evan's hair once more.

"Listen, I gotta go kid, but enjoy the rest of the circus!" He said, winking at Evan before going. Evan watched Delirious walk away before finding his parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Evan was in his twenties, the circus came back into his town. Evan immediately made it his plan to go there.

When Evan got there, it was just as he remembered; the smell of popcorn, the sound of kids laughing and the sound of the games. He went into the big top to see his favorite part: the dancers. He cheered for the other parts, yes, but he cheered the loudest when the dancers were called up.

Four of them went up as slow music played. Evan leaned forward in his seat, not wanting to miss a thing. Then they stopped, and a fifth was added.

The only different thing with the fifth one was that it was a guy instead of a girl, like the rest were. Evan's eyes followed every movement he made, practically ignoring the others. He was more in the back, but he was sure the guy had looked him straight in the eyes at one point.

Once it was done, everyone stood up, clapping and whistling and cheering. Evan was one of the people doing all of those things.

He couldn't get that last dancer out of his head though. He walked out of the tent, and bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there-" He stopped when he saw a pair of bright, blue eyes accompanied by an equally bright smile.

"No, no, it's my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going," the man chuckled. "But uh, you were just in the big top, right?" He asked. Evan nodded. "What was your favorite part?"

Evan felt extreme Deja Vu, but he couldn't remember where he heard that phrase before.

"Definitely the dancers. Especially the last one, he was amazing."

The man chuckled again. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed my show," he winked, "especially since it was just for you."

At that moment, Evan remembered where he had seen this man before.

"Jonathan- Delirious?"

Delirious laughed, nodding his head. "The one and only." Evan's mouth dropped.

"Did- did you-"

"Learn to dance with silk because you said it was your favorite part? Maybe." Delirious took Evan's jaw and closed it, leaning forward. "And I see that it's paid off. Wanna see a private show, just the two of us?" Evan couldn't do anything but nod. Delirious smiled, and gave Evan a quick kiss on the lips. "Come on, my boss won't mind," he said, winking at he dragged Evan along.