Parts and Pieces (Part 1)

Note: I thought of this all by myself! I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: Terrornuckel

Brock coughed as he walked down into the basement. He was cleaning out his parents place since they had gone to a nursery home.

As he looked through all of the stuff, he noticed that most of it was his father's. His father was an inventor, or well, wanted to be one. So there were a lot of little tools here and there that he had made to make things easier around the house. Brock smiled at some of the items, as he had remembered seeing them in his childhood. It was sad that most of them made it in here, but what could he do?

Brock had made it to the back of the back of the basement when something metal caught his eye. When he crouched down to pick it up, he saw that it was an arm. Brock gasped and dropped it back to the ground, the sound echoing through the room. Brock looked up and gasped again, falling back and scooting backwards.

A robot that looked like a man sat there in a chair. Half of its face was ripped in a way, as you could see the metal underneath. Whatever it had over the metal looked extremely similar to skin. It's arm was ripped off, along with its leg. It looked as if it hadn't been working since forever.

Brock's hand touched a piece of paper on the ground. He grabbed it and looked at it. It was the plans for the robot in front of him. When Brock looked, there were more notes taken on the robot. Brock looked back up to it before getting up. There was a box meant ghat looked big enough to fit it.

Brock decided that he was going to fix up the robot, for his father. He moved the robot into the box (which was a lot of work) and dragged the box out. He didn't forget to put the arm in there, and he found the leg and brought that too. He put it in the back of his truck and went home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next couple of months, Brock worked on the robot. Apparently, his father had decided to name it Brian for unknown reasons. Brock was almost finished with the thing by April. All he needed was a chip thing that was supposed to start Brian up. The thing is, he had no idea where it was. It wasn't in Brian, he had already checked. The only place he could think of looking was his father's basement.

So, off he went, trying to find a small chip in such a huge room still filled with boxes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took 3 hours for him to finally find the chip. He had just about given up when he saw it right where Brian was sitting when Brock found him. Brock took the chip and headed home, wanting to see what would happen.

Brock put in the chip and waited. A whirring noise came from the robot, and the one red eye started to glow. The other eye fluttered open, and the robot started to sit up, yawning and stretching. It looked around before it's gaze landed on Brock. "Hello?" Brock carefully asked. Brian smiled a little bit.

"Hello. What is your name?"

Brock noticed the slight Irish accent it had. "Uh, it's Brock." Brian stood up, stumbling over his feet for a second before regaining his balance and holding out his hand.

"Nice to meet you Brock, I'm Brian."

Brock cautiously took his hand and shook it. He had a strong grip, he had to admit. "I'm guessing you were the one who fixed me up?" Brian asked after a few moments of awkward silence.

"Oh, uh, yeah, I did. My dad originally started working on you, and you might have been working, I don't know, but yeah."

Brian nodded, the smile still present on his face. "So, what can I do?" Brock was taken aback by the question.

"Um, I'm sorry?"

"What can I do?"

"What do you mean, 'What can you do'?"

"Well, I remember that one of my tasks was to help around. So, what can I do?" Brock thought about it for a second.

"Well, uh, I don't really know. You can just... Make yourself at home, I guess?" Brian laughed a little.

"That's alright, you can just call me when you need something. For now, is it okay if I check out the house?"

Brock nodded, letting Brian leave the basement and go upstairs.

Brock was honestly surprised at how human like Brian sounded. He didn't sound robotic at all; he sounded like a real human being. It didn't unnerve Brock as much as he thought it would. He just sighed put all of the tools away before he walked upstairs himself.