Request - Best Friends

Note: Requested by PyroDragon23. I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: Septiplier

Jack and Mark were best friends. They had been since birth almost. So it was pretty normal that Mark had asked Jack to hang out at his place.

The only problem?

Over the years, Jack had developed a huge crush on Mark. Practically everything the raven-haired man did caused Jack to falter in his steps. But since Jack didn't want to ruin their friendship, he accepted like usual.

When Jack got there, he didn't even have time to knock before Mark opened the door a pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. "Jack! You're here!" He smiled into the crook of Jack's neck. Jack felt his face flush, but he ignored it and hugged back.

"Yeah, I am. Now can you please let go before you suffocate me?" Mark laughed and let go of the Irish man.

"Come on, let's play video games!" He exclaimed before dragging Jack in. Jack managed to shut the door behind him as Mark pulled him in. He chuckled at how cute Mark looked when he was excited, like a puppy. Jack nearly kicked himself for thinking that before following Mark into his room.

They played many different games for a couple of hours, ranging from GTA to Gmod. They stopped playing when Jack started to complain about how hungry he was. "We can make lunch if you want?" Mark asked, pausing the game. Jack nodded as his stomach rumbled loudly. "Just make sure you don't accidentally eat me on the way," Mark joked. Jack laughed and got up, following Mark back downstairs. "So," Mark started as he moved behind the counter. "What can I get ya?"

You.

Jack shook the thought away, chuckling nervously. "I'll get my own lunch, thanks." Mark frowned for a second before his usual smile returned.

"You think you can out-chef me, huh?" He asked in a challenging tone.

"What if I do?" Jack teased. Mark's smile grew into a grin.

"Well, then I challenge you to a cooking match!" He exclaimed, pointing at Jack dramatically. Jack snorted and rolled his eyes.

"In that case, be prepared to lose, Markimoo." Mark smirked, and Jack nearly lost all of his confidence in that second.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Jackaboy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two sat at their counters, ready for action. "You better get ready for my ultimate Irish extreme," Jack warned. Mark lifted an eyebrow and laughed.

"What, is it just going to be raw potatoes?" Jack scrunched his nose at that.

"Ew. Raw potatoes are disgusting."

"You say that like you've had them before."

"I have. Don't do it." Mark laughed and turned around.

"Alright, we'll go in three... Two... One... Go!"

The two were off with their challenge. Of course, they were only making sandwiches, but still. They both rushed to the fridge to get their ingredients. They bumped into each other and sent a playful glare before grabbing what they needed.

Because Jack was feeling a little miscevious, he grabbed a little extra food. Instead of using it for his sandwich, he threw it towards Mark. It hit him right in the back of the head. Jack covered his mouth to hold back a laugh as Mark stopped and slowly turned to look at Jack. Mark narrowed his eyes at Jack before speaking in a whisper.

"You're on."

Mark used the ingredients he didn't have time to use to fling at Jack. Jack dodged them. He looked back and laughed. "Ha! Missed me-" he was cut off by a piece of tomato hitting him square in the face. Mark burst out laughing as the tomato slowly slid down Jack's face.

Jack practically grabbed his sandwich and threw it at Mark. Mark laughed and started grabbing stuff from the fridge, along with using the rest of his sandwich. As the two continued to throw things, they stepped closer and closer.

When they started running out of food to use, Mark used his last plan to win.

He 'accidentally' tripped on some food to knock Jack over.

However, when he did this, he actually did end up slipping on something, causing him to crash into the ground along with Jack. Mark managed to catch himself from fully landing, but Jack wasn't so lucky. He groaned as he lay on his back.

Mark's arm gave out at that moment, causing him to collapse into Jack. Jack groaned again at the weight. "Mark," Jack whined, "lose some weight. You're too heavy." Mark only groaned in response. He propped himself onto his hands, and it was only then that Jack realized what position they were in.

Jack's face turned to a bright red as Mark hovered over him, panting slightly as sweat started to form on his forehead. Jack would have moved if he could have and avoided this awkward situation, but Mark didn't move, still pinning him down to the ground.

"You okay Jack?" Mark asked, a little worried. He saw how quickly Jack's face turned red, but he didn't understand why.

"Uh, yeah, I'm," Jack paused to lick his dry lips. "I'm fine." Mark lifted an eyebrow at him, not believing him at all.

"You hesitated," Mark noted. Jack groaned and covered his face with his hands.

"Can you please get off of me?" He pleaded, not wanting to make things uncomfortable.

"I will once you tell me what's wrong." Jack groaned again.

"I'll tell you when you get up. Just, please," Jack begged.

"Nope."

Jack sighed and uncovered his face. Mark still hovered over him with a concerned look on his face. "Do you really wanna know?" Jack mumbled. Mark nodded. Jack sighed once more, looking around and biting his lip.

A little switch went off in Jack's head that just screamed 'Fuck it'.  So with that, Jack wrapped his fingers around the back of Mark's neck and pulled him closer until their lips touched. Mark's eyes widened and he felt his face heat up.

His best friend was kissing him!

Though, he did feel a little relieved. The Irish man had caught his eye ever since high school, even though they had known each other since they were in diapers.

Mark found himself kissing back. Jack pulled back, his cheeks still pink. "I like you," Jack finally murmured. Mark laughed and kissed him again.

"I like you too."