Warriors

Note: I watched Kubo and the Two Strings recently, and somehow I got the inspiration for this. It's super sad, and I actually started tearing up while I was writing this. I hope you enjoy it though!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

The two soldiers stood in front of each other, each with a mission.

The first one, who was called Delirious, had to kill the other soldier. He was the best of the best in his group, and the other soldier was wanted for far too long.

The other soldier went by Vanoss, though his real name was Evan. Evan's mission was completely different than Delirious'; his mission was to get his friend back. He worked alone, unlike Delirious. His friend was taken long ago and was changed into what now stood before him.

As they stood in front of each other, rain started to fall. It was a light drizzle, but rain nonetheless.

Delirious growled and took out his sword. Evan reluctantly took out his. He didn't want to hurt him. With a yell, Delirious charged. He slashed at Evan with full force. Evan blocked it with his own sword, slashing back and making sure that it would miss. Delirious glared at Evan with his red eyes before they started to fight. Delirious had the better ground, pushing Evan back as they fought.

With one swift move, Evan managed to switch positions, pushing Delirious back into a nearby tree. Delirious struggled against his grip, trying to push his enemy back. "Jonathan," Evan spoke, "listen to me. I don't want to hurt you. I want you back." Delirious stared at Evan before growling and finally having the strength to push Evan back.

"No one is named Jonathan here. There is only me, Delirious." He slashed at Evan again, managing to leave a cut in Evan's arm. Evan winced but kept his ground.

"You used to be named Jonathan. You were my best friend." Delirious slashed at Evan again, missing this time. Evan blocked the next hit Delirious made.

"I am no one's friend," Delirious hissed in a low tone before going after Evan again.

"Jonathan, please, listen to me. You're better than this. Bad people took you away and made you into... This. Please, snap out of it!" Before Evan could say another thing, he was knocked to the ground. His sword clashed against Delirious' as he tried to push him off. "Please Jonathan. I still believe you're in there. Listen to me. It's me, Evan. Come back to me. Please."

His hand slipped, and Delirious' sword went straight into his chest.

Evan gasped and cried out in pain. Delirious stood over Evan with no emotion in his eyes. Evan gasped as he looked up at Delirious. He then pulled the man down and pushed their lips together. Delirious' eyes closed in surprise at the contact.

When Evan let go of him, Delirious' eyes opened. They were no longer a blood red color; instead, they were a brilliant blue. His eyes widened when he looked down at the wound he had made. "Evan, oh my god, Evan! What have I done?" He asked in a whisper.

"Jonathan," Evan choked out.

"No no no no no, you're not gonna die on me." He pulled the sword out and pushed down on the wound to try and stop the bleeding.

"Jonathan, it's okay," Evan tried to assure before he started coughing.

"No, it's not okay Evan! You're bleeding really bad, and- and you need help. I'll get you help, just- just hang in there, okay?" Jonathan looked around, but saw no one.

"Jonathan, look at me." Jonathan looked down at Evan with teary eyes. Evan caressed Jonathan's face with one hand, wiping the tears with his thumb. "You look so beautiful," he whispered. Jonathan grabbed Evan's hand and squeezed it as he cried.

"Don't leave me," Jonathan whispered. "Please, please don't leave me. I'm sorry for leaving you, but please don't leave me. Please," he begged. Evan just smiled sadly at him. Jonathan's cries got harder and turned into sobs.

Evan kissed Jonathan's hand lightly before his head fell softly into the ground below. "NO!" Jonathan screamed. He sobbed violently as he shook Evan. "Evan, please wake up Evan," Jonathan pleaded. He screamed and cried until his voice gave up. Barely audible whispers spilled out of Jonathan's mouth as he held Evan's body in his arms. Apologies about everything was said.

The rain still pattered over them, harder than before. Jonathan didn't make any moves to get up. Not when his army came and dragged him away. Not when he was being told that he would be executed since he was no longer the soldier he was before. Not when a sword was put to his neck, the coolness of the blade contrasting with the warmth of his blood as it ran down his neck. His body collapsed to the ground, his blue eyes fully open, lost of all their life.