Request - Fear (Part 2)

Note: Requested by @Lythsham. I hope you enjoy this short one-shot!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

As Evan got older, Jonathan continued to stay by Evan's side. Of course, nobody believed Evan when he said that there was a pretty chill monster that looked like a normal person living in his closet. So, he eventually dropped it and pretended to grow out of his 'imaginary friend' stage, as his parents called it. But every night, or whenever Evan was alone, he would talk to Jonathan. The subjects changed from playing Bat Owl and Batcoon to just talking about school and what was going on in his life.

When Evan got into high school, Jonathan started getting worried. What if school started getting so bad that he would get more ignored? What if Evan forgot about him? He tried to rationalize with himself; Evan hadn't forgotten him yet, so why would he now? But no matter how much he tried to push it out of his mind, the thought crept back into his head.

One day, Jonathan decided to test out a theory. Instead of sitting on Evan's bed like he usually did when Evan came home, he stayed hidden in his normal spot.

Evan came home like he normally did and went straight for his room. He immediately felt that something was wrong when he didn't see Jonathan sitting on his bed. He frowned and started looking around. "Jonathan?" He called. He saw a hand from inside the closet and knew he had found him. "Jonathan, are you okay? What are you doing in there?" Jonathan slowly came out and looked at his feet.

This worried Evan even more. Jonathan never acted like this.

"Jonathan? What's wrong?" When Jonathan looked up, Evan saw sadness in his face.

"I wanted to see if you would forget about me if I wasn't there," he admitted.

"Why?" Evan asked, confused by the whole situation.

"I was worried that you might forget about me." Evan was taken aback by this answer. Him? Forget about Jonathan? It was almost a foreign concept.

"Forget about you? Jonathan, that's ridiculous. I could never forget about you. Especially when you've been by my side since practically forever. What gave you that idea?" Jonathan's gaze stayed on the floor. He shrugged and shuffled on his feet.

Evan sighed and gave Jonathan a hug. "I'm never going to forget about you. Remember that, okay?" Jonathan nodded. Even smiled and pulled back from the hug. "Good. Now wanna hear about my day?" Jonathan smiled and nodded again. Evan's smile grew as he started going on about what had happened that day.