Request - Fragile (Part 1)

Note: Requested by @GryffindorRainbows. I hope you enjoy this long one-shot!

Pairing: DaithideWildToonz

If you asked Daithi how he would describe himself, his first word would be "fragile". If you asked why, he'd shrug and change the subject. If you continued tried to ask him about it, he'd ignore you until it was too much and would leave. If you persisted enough, he would start crying and babbling about something you couldn't understand.

But since he didn't get asked these questions very often, he was fine.

Daithi was about as normal as normal could be. He was an normal Irishman with a normal life. He had a dog named Joe and lived a happy, normal life. His job was normal, his house was normal, everything was normal. He lived alone, with the exception of his dog. He had tried relationships before, but they all went to shit. He promised himself that he wouldn't be in another relationship ever again, no matter who came along. The bruises and cuts and heartbreak were all behind him.

Mostly.

Every once in a while, he'd get these depressions. Memories of his past lovers would flash before his eyes, and Daithi would be left as a broken masterpiece. He'd have to pick up his own pieces, cutting himself in the process. He could never get all the pieces, so his heart had a few missing pieces. But Daithi covered those pieces up with excluding himself from most of the world. He was quiet, and didn't have friends. And he especially didn't get close to people. He figured that if he stayed away, his heart would mend eventually, and he'd be fine.

Just because Daithi wanted to stay away from people, it didn't mean that he's lock himself in his house for the rest of his life. He would go out sometimes, enjoy a nice meal somewhere, and then maybe go for a walk.

He was going on one of these walks downtown. It was in the middle of the day, but it was quiet. He loved those days. He wasn't watching where he was going and ran into someone, making them drop what they were holding. He immediately covered his mouth with his hand, his eyes wide with fear. "Oh my god, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you, I wasn't watching where I was going and oh god please don't hurt me." The last part was whispered as a reflex.

Luckily, whoever he bumped into just chuckled a little and started to pick up his stuff. "No, it's fine, I wasn't watching where I was going," he said. Daithi helped pick up his stuff quickly, wanting to be on his way.

"Babe, you okay?" Another man said as he came out of the shop. Daithi almost started to panic right then and there.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Accidentally bumped into this guy," he replied, motioning towards Daithi.

"I'm sorry," Daithi quickly said, about to go on another spiel before the guy put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, no need to apologize. It's alright, trust me. How about I get you a drink or something?" He offered, looking back to the other man. The other man nodded and smiled at Daithi.

"Yeah, come on. You looked pretty stressed anyways," he said. They both grabbed one of Daithi's arms and lightly pulled him into the shop. Daithi stared dumbly at them, not knowing how to respond. They got him a coffee and sat him down at a table, the second guy leaving to go to the bathroom.

"Hey, what's your name?" The first guy asked, taking a bite out of his muffin.

"Daithi."

"Luke."

"Tyler," the second guy said as he came back. Luke jumped and looked up at Tyler.

"Jeez, you scared me Ty," he said with a chuckle.