Basement

Tumblr prompt: Three teens are home alone in 1965. A storm hits. The power goes out. Something starts moving in the basement. One of the three teens should be disabled somehow

Note: This is super long, as it is at over 5000 words. This is also the Halloween special this year, so Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: McTyVan

The doorbell rang, which prompted the two boys inside to jump up and run to the door. One of them nearly slid into the door, but stopped himself by grabbing onto the doorknob. "Tyler, you're going to hurt yourself if you do that," the other boy snorted, nudging Tyler out of the way.

Tyler rolled his eyes, "Shut up, Evan and let the poor boy in, will ya?"

"I would, but you're blocking the door."

Tyler took a step back, letting Evan actually open the door.

The boy standing there jumped as the door swung open almost violently. "Bryce!" Evan practically yelled, pulling the boy in and giving him a big hug. Bryce tensed up, not used to such physical contact in such little time with someone he didn't know that well. He had only just met the two when he had moved into their neighborhood recently, and the two boisterous boys had took him under their wing almost immediately. It was weird for Bryce, having such energetic friends. Actually, it was weird for him to have friends in general.

He only knew bits and pieces about the two boys themselves: Evan was Canadian and played some sort of sport (not that Bryce was surprised; the boy could probably bench press him, even though he was shorter than Bryce. Then again, anyone probably could bench press him. He was practically a stick), and Tyler apparently had some sort of disability that Bryce didn't know about. Bryce figured it was a rumor, since the only thing that seemed to be wrong with Tyler was his mouth and his temper that always got him in trouble.

After Evan had hugged him, Tyler ruffled his hair and hugged him too. He wasn't expecting Tyler to be a hugging kind of guy, but then again, Tyler didn't seem like the type of guy that seemed to be friendly, yet here he was, acting like he had known Bryce for years, when in fact it has been only about a month. It was almost unsettling for Bryce, but he managed to smile at the two. "So uh, what exactly are we doing?"

"Eh, I was thinking we could just hang out here and maybe watch some TV or something. You good with that?" Bryce nodded maybe a little too fast. He didn't mind doing either of those things, but he still had the fear that they were going to turn him into mush if he didn't agree to what they said.

Both smiled at him and grabbed his hands, pulling him into the living room. Evan turned on the TV and turned to Bryce and Tyler. "I'm gonna go change and get a drink, you guys want anything?"

Tyler snorted, "What, are you going to change into your hockey uniform to impress the guest?"

Well, Bryce now knew what sport Evan played.

Evan rolled his eyes, "No, idiot. I'm actually going to put on a tank top and some shorts, thank you very much. Bryce, you want a drink?"

"You're not gonna ask me?" Tyler asked, cutting off Bryce before he could speak once again.

"Tyler, you know where the drinks are, so shut up. Bryce, do you want anything?"

"Do you have an soda?" Bryce asked quietly.

"I think we have some Coke in there if you want one."

"That would be nice, thank you." Evan smiled at him and left.

"Aww, you're so cute with your manners and whatnot," Tyler cooed, smiling and pinching Bryce's cheek. Bryce flinched and grabbed Tyler's hand as an instinct, pulling it off. Tyler chuckled and plopped down onto the couch. He motioned for Bryce to sit next to him. Bryce slowly walked over and sat next to him, but made sure to put some space in between them. Tyler saw and scoffed at he rolled his eyes. He swung his legs onto the couch, laying them on top of Bryce's legs. Bryce looked over at Tyler. Tyler was fixated with what was on TV. Bryce would have asked for him to move his legs, but the fear of getting clobbered to death - or maybe squished to death in this case - was still there, so he kept his mouth shut and tried to ignore it.