Request - Christmas Love

Note: You're welcome, I_Am_Mister_Meeseeks. I hope you enjoy this long one-shot! And I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Pairing: WildMcQuaid

Bryce really did not want to do this, but he had panicked, and now he was hoping to god that Tyler would pick up his fucking phone-

"Hello?"

Okay, now Bryce wished that Tyler hadn't answered, as his words were suddenly stolen from his throat. He swallowed the lump in his throat and took a deep breath.

"Hey, Tyler," he greeted shakily, trying not to sound worried.

It didn't work, because the response he got was "Are you okay?" Bryce sighed and put his lip. Well, he made it this far, might as well finish it.

"Okay, please don't get mad at me for this, but... My parents called because, you know, they wanted to know if I was coming over for Christmas, and then they asked if I was bringing a date, and... I may or may not have panicked and said that I was dating you? And now they want you to come over for Christmas? And I completely understand if you don't want to come, I can tell them you got sick or something, but I would be eternally grateful if you came and pretended to be my date for the night?"

It was silent on the other end, Bryce thought Tyler had left. But then Tyler sighed and chuckled. "Okay, first of all, why the hell was I your first choice? And second, yeah, I'll be your fake date. Though you better be careful, I've been known to make parents love me." Bryce sighed out of relief and laughed.

"Oh my god, thank you so much! You're a miracle, I swear."

Tyler laughed, "You're welcome, babe." Bryce rolled his eyes.

"You do realize you don't have to pretend until Christmas Eve, right?"

"Eh, might as well practice so you get used to it when the day actually comes. See ya then, babe!"

The call ended, and Bryce sighed once again. Hopefully Tyler didn't screw this up for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler got to Bryce's house the day before, just so he could get situated.

"So what should I be expecting from your parents tomorrow?" He asked. Bryce shrugged.

"They'll probably fawn over you and ask a lot of questions. So be prepared if they ask you something about how we met or whatever."

Tyler snorted, "If that's it, then we are good. I can handle that."

"You act as though you've done this before."

"I have. Once, in high school. My friend needed a pretend date so I went with her. Her parents knew about me already though and were asking impossible questions like 'what is her favorite thing about you?' and stuff like that. Of course they had figured it out already, but whatever."

"Thank goodness my parents aren't like that. If you're convincing enough, that is."

Tyler rolled his eyes, "Of course I'm convincing enough. Just you wait. By the end of the night you'll be confused as to if I'm actually dating you or not."

Bryce laughed. "I don't think it's gonna get that bad, but okay, Tyler."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce was practically shaking in his boots at he waited in front of his parents house. Tyler had told him that it would be fine, but he still couldn't shake the feeling. Tyler grabbed Bryce's hand and squeezed it, giving him a small smile. "I won't fuck it up if that's what you're worried about," Tyler whispered. Bryce smiled, but took his hand away from Tyler's.