Chapter 8 part 3

Chapter 8 part 3

"Yo!" Bando yelled as he and Shohei entered in the bar.

"Well, I didn't know we had ladies here today." Shohei winked at me causing me to blush brightly.

"What is it with people embarrassing me?"

"Awashima tells me you're depressed today? Why is that?" Kusanagi asked.

"It's all that stupid Senpai's fault! He started it!"

"You mean Saru! I could really mangle that monkey's face right now!" Yata pulled himself a seat behind Anna.

I dragged Anna's seat closer to me, afraid that he might accidentally hit her from his rage.

"What he did he do to you?" Kamamoto asked. Soon everyone sat back to listen to my story.

"Well break was coming up and everyone was making plans. But I saw him sitting there watching everybody and I felt bad because I thought that he was going to be lonely again. So I asked him if he wanted to spend a day with me. And he flat out denied me in front of everyone! He has some nerve to do that!" I spoke rapidly.

"Heh, there's no hope for that guy! He's just a walking stick of depression." Yata laughed.

"Didn't you go to school with him?"

"Yeah, sometimes we'd hang out and sometimes he was alone." Yata took his hat off and scratched his head.

"Did he have any other friends?"

"Not really, back then Yata was his only friend." Kamamoto whispered to me.

"Hey! I'm right here, dumbass! I can still hear you!" Yata jumped out of his seat ready to beat him.

"Come on Yata-chan, it's true though!" Kamamoto moved behind me.

"Fushimi-kun, was often very distant from the rest of us. But still he was part of our family." Kusanagi chimed in

"Saruhiko, still has some kindness in him. It takes time to see it." Anna added as she was playing with my hair again.

"You really care about him, Noa. Out of all the officers, you're trying the hardest to reach out to him." Awashima smiled at me like she was hinting something.

"This is all coming out from pity. No human being is alone, no matter how much they isolate themselves. He just doesn't notice that people do care. Like what Anna said it takes time." As I took another sip, I spotted a guitar off to the side.

"Wow, who does that belong to?" I pointed at it.

"It belonged to a very special guy in Homra. He's dead now." Kusanagi looked down at the polished glass in his hands.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up."

"Totsuka, sang a really pretty song." Anna sighed.

Kusanagi handed me a photo from their wall. It was a picture of the whole Homra group, everyone seemed really happy.

"Mikoto..." Anna stared at the picture of the guy with red hair.

"I wish I got to know them. I'm...I'm so sorry for bringing it up." A small tear rolled down my face.

"Hey, don't start getting all emotional. Wherever they are, they're in a better place." Chitose got up from his seat and turned on some music from their jukebox.

"You came here to get cheered up didn't you?" he walked over to me offering a hand.

I grabbed his hand and was dancing around the room. Soon Awashima and Kusanagi joined in too. After I danced with Chitose, I went over to Anna and dragged her over. Soon her frown began to curve to a small smile. Everyone got up from their seat to dance around and shake off the sad emotions.

After several more drinks and a couple of songs we were all exhausted. Awashima and I said our good byes and headed back to the base. When I was home I collapsed on my bed and fell straight to sleep.