Chapter 22 part 2

Chapter 22 part 2

Once we were up in the sky for a couple of minutes, I suddenly started to feel sleepy. Within a second I was knocked out.

By the time I woke up, I was back in the church. I got off from the bench and saw that I was the only one in the room this time.

"Anna? Anna?" I called as I looked around the other benches.

It seemed strange to be here all alone. I ran up the stares to see if anyone was eating breakfast. I was actual shocked to see the room empty.

I ran around the entire building searching for everyone. After all that running, I sat down in front of the alter's steps.

"Where is everyone?" I asked myself.

"Hey over there! Do you see it!?" A faint voice said.

I immediately got up from my seat and listened careful for the voice again. Soon I was able to hear the sounds of muffled laughter. I went to one of the stained glass windows and tried to see if they were outside. I was able to make out small figures running around.

I hurried over to the big doors and ran out. The wind was extra strong today and whispered loudly in my ear. I abruptly stopped walking when I saw someone holding Anna's hand. I shut my eyes tight and popped them open once again.

"Hey Noa!" Kamamoto got up from the ground and gave me a warm smile. He had several scratches and a bruise on his face.

"Kamamoto!" I sprinted over to him and embraced him. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine, it's fine. I was the one who chose to stay. It's my job to take care of the younger ones in our group. That was a promise that I plan to keep."

"But still..." I sniffled.

"It's alright. Thank you for saving us though."

Soon Anna came to join of group hug, we stayed like that for a couple of minutes but then I had to go check up on Yukari and Douhan. From what Kamamoto told me, they were seen on the roof top.

I climbed up to the highest window and struggled to pull myself up the the roof. Right when my foot slipped someone grabbed onto my hand. I looked up and grinned to see Douhan.

He helped me up and walked me over to where Yukari was sitting.

"Yukari."

He turned around revealing the scratches on his face as well.

"Yukari, Douhan...I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I didn't think that you guys would be captured and suffer far more than me. I-"

"What are you apologizing for, shorty? We were capture on our own accord, you gave us all a signal to leave. We didn't follow orders."

"I was surprised that you actually got away with the escape. How's your arm?" Douhan finally spoke.

I pulled up my sleeve, it was neatly wrapped in a bandage but it still hurt.

"So what now? Are we still going with the plan? From what we heard, the blues have been digging for Ryuji's lair." Yukari got up and walked over to us.

"From what I saw, there might be another way to get in without getting into another fight. But we need to regroup."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scepter 4

The officers were successful on rounding up the escaped prisoners, however they were all scolded by Awashima when she arrived and was explained to.