Chapter 9 part 3

Chapter 9 part 3

"How did you know I was out?"

He took out his cell phone and waved it around in my face in a taunting manner.

"Next time you want to go out, you better remember to turn off the tracker on your phone. I figured since you shocked yourself, I might as well use the one in your phone."

He skimmed his eyes all over me, finally noticing the cuts and bruises. Without saying a single word or snide comment, he shrugged off his sweater and tossed it over to me. I looked at him with a bewildered expression.

"Come on, let's go home." He said looking over his shoulder as he continued to keep walking.

I zipped up his sweater and felt a strange feeling of warmth. I didn't know if it was from the sweater or something else. I followed him from behind leaving some space between us, since that is how it should be.

"Senpai, I..." I murmured.

"It's really late. You should be trying to get as much sleep as you can. There's a reason why you have panda eyes."

"I'm...I'm sorry, Senpai." I wiped my eyes.

He didn't show any emotion and stayed silent for the whole walk. Since he didn't talk, I decided to tell him everything.

"I'm sorry that I'm not obedient as you want me to be. Today, I just realized how much I didn't matter and how blind I was to everything. I'm a stranger to all that I leave behind. They didn't even hesitate." I sniffled.

"Tch, stop with the tears already." He grabbed my arm trying to make me walk faster but I abruptly stopped.

"I'm serious! I'm just a walking target and you guys are only going to put yourselves into more danger. Maybe even get hurt. Am I the only one who sees that!?" I blurted out.

Fushimi just stared at me in silence. He then moved his hands to my shoulders. He inhaled deeply and leaned closer to my face.

"Now you listen to me," He said slowly. "Whether you accept it or not, we are a TEAM. A team sticks together whenever they're in trouble. I, myself may not roll that way but everyone else does. You are not alone."

"But I...I'm afraid that I'll only disappoint you. I'm sorry, Senpai." I bawled. "I'm sorry I'm not as faithful as you want me to be!"

"Save that for later when you're in real trouble. But for now, be still and calm down."

My heart was overwhelmed with agony and sadness. If only he knew more or maybe he'd quit this act already. I know that he doesn't really care about me but for some reason it made me happy to know that.

"You don't really believe in that crap do you? If you did, you're an even bigger idiot here." I mumbled to myself.

"No,but shit happens. All we can do is learn to prepare for that moment."

"Why?" I sniffled.

"Tch, we're partners aren't we? And quit crying, the guys will think I hit you or something." He gently tugged on my arm and soon enough we were walking again.

"F-Fushimi-kun..." I called him, he glanced over over his shoulder. "If I...If I ever try to betray you, I want you to choose between the two. Kill me, ending my life, or forget that I ever came to you guys. But before you do, will me say goodbye to me? " I looked down and mumbled under my breath.

"What are you muttering about?" he said as he kept on walking.

"It's just a deal that I'm used to. Everyone back in the facility made this deal with the head chief there."

"Is that why gold is trying to kill you?"

"Apparently, Kokujoji-san wants to see me but I'm too scared to even look at him."

"Why do you make these deals with people? You're only causing yourself more trouble."

"Sometimes it's for the best. Many strains lost control over their abilities causing the death of many, we're too dangerous."

"Is that what happened to you?"

I didn't want Munakata to gain any more information. Team or not this was for their own safety not to get too close to me. But I guess they crossed that line a long time ago, I mean they already believe that I'm one of them.

"Forget it, that was really stupid of me to talk about. Come on let's keep going." I took one big step and stumbled to the floor.

Fushimi groaned and picked me up. His face was serious and stern. He seemed pretty tensed for some reason. He probably wanted to hear more about my past.

"Senpai, thank you." I nestled my head on his shoulder.

The next morning, I cracked my eyes open finding myself in a mysterious room. It was oddly dark, I carefully got up from bed hoping that I wouldn't step on anything.

When I finally reached the window, I opened the curtains allowing the light in. The sun was blinding and filled the room with light. It was then that I realized that this was definitely not my room. I sat back on the bed, trying to remember what happened but when I sat down there was a strange grunt sound.

I looked down and jolted to see Fushimi covered under all the blanket.

"Ah! Senpai?!" I quickly jumped off of him. "What the hell! What did you do to me last night!?" I hit him with a pillow.

"Tch, quit yelling! I had a rough time last night because somebody fell asleep along the way home!" He growled as he sat up.

"Why am I here!? You couldn't just take me back?"

"Hey, I was damn tired! I just passed out when I finally reached my bed. Now, shut up. We still have a couple of minutes before we go to work." He rolled back, covering his face with the blanket.

"We only have five minutes, can we get some breakfast?" I softly shook him.

With a loud groan, he lifted his head with his hair spiking up in different directions. He reached over me to get his glasses and wore a miserable look. He face basically told me to go piss off or man up and go by yourself.

"Please?" I reluctantly added. "It's better eating with someone, I hear it makes food taste better."

He dropped his head back on the bed and let out a loud, muffled moan. He finally pulled himself up and headed to his closet, searching for a new shirt to wear. Right when he lifted his shirt, I quickly turned around to cover my red face.

"Aren't you gonna get dressed?"

"Well, my clothes aren't here now are they?"

"Whatever..."

When Fushimi finally finished changing we headed down to the empty cafeteria to get something to eat before our busy day began.