Chapter 25 part 3

Chapter 25 part 3

Once his vision had focused, he looked around the crowd of people surrounding him. He struggled to get up on his own.

"Shit! My chest hurts!" he said through his gritted teeth. "Oh God, what the hell happened?!"

"You got shot, dumbass!" Yata quickly answered him.

"Watch it, Homra." Fushimi glared at him.

As the two kept on fighting, Mizu helped the old lady up and bowed to her.

"Thank you very much for coming." She said, after her everyone followed and did the same.

"Thank you so much for saving him. I hope to repair you in the future." I said as I bowed.

The old woman remained silent and bowed back. She gave everyone a wide smile and went on her way down the street. Once she was no longer visible, Akiyama and Benzai helped Fushimi off the ground and dragged him over to Munakata.

Everyone seemed to get along pretty well. The Blues, Reds and the strains were actually talking instead of fighting. Some of the officers would joke around with the Homra members. I saw Kusanagi and Awashima chatting together and occasionally blushing.

And from the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of Mizu pulling Yata over to her. Mizu made a big move and kissed Yata while he was off guard. The boys around him laughed and joked once his face turned bright red. I looked over at Mizu and gave her a smile, she looked back with her face glowing with joy.

"Hey Noa," Shiro tapped my shoulder from behind. "We might have to leave before Munakata remembers his mission. Are you still up for it?"

I completely forgot about my request to join them but then something hit me. I was in huge trouble and would probably be arrested for causing all of this. Since I was no longer a Scepter 4 officer there's no way I could get out of this. I gazed at the Scepter 4 officers laughing with Homra, my heart ached from watching.

"Shiro, what am I going to do? I can't go to jail but then again I can't bear to leave them." I sighed.

"How long would you be put in jail?" he asked.

"Probably 5 years or so. That's a long wait for the freedom that I've been waiting for. I really can't decide."

"If you come with me, you'll be tracked by them and the Gold Clan. I'm afraid that settling in this city will be difficult once you leave. However, I suggest you take the punishment."

"What!?"

"Noa," he laid his hands on my shoulders. "I can tell you feel it is the right thing to do in your heart. I know that you're sick of running but your too scared to do it."

"I-I am scared. To be honest I've never really committed to anything seriously. I'm also sick of running away from everything."

"I want you to realize something. This clan has made you happier than ever, hasn't it? Isn't it worth going through the hardship just to stay with them?"

"Yes, it is. I actually enjoy their company." I looked back at them.

"There it is. You just made your decision."

"I can't help but feel tricked though."

"That's the point." he laughed.

"Wait, what?! I really don't understand. Why would you fool me?!"

"I'm trying to give you a lesson. If you love something, then you have to put the effort to make it strong. Also to love means making sacrifices for the better. I wanted you to open your eyes to the best thing that's ever happened to you. I didn't want you to run away from the love that you've be searching for. Noa, this is your chance to make it all right again. You are not weak nor stupid. You were blind and scared."