Months -» Chris Beck

Word Count: 2881

Warnings: Cursing.

Prompt: For months, since Chris has met you he's been trying to ask you out. After meeting him you two become close friends, and soon enough Chris can't take it anymore- especially after a failed attempt for a date that turns out into friendship.

Chris was going out of his mind, his plan had always been the same ever since he was 14. Go to school, become a doctor, train with NASA, go to space (represent the human race), come back and become a research scientist. His plan had been right on track, he even got onto the NASA space program, except then he met you.

January

Chris was jogging around the camp as the sun rose above the trees, it had become a habit of his to do some extra training outside of the program to increase his levels of fitness and chances of getting chosen to be on an Ares mission. The program had begun merely two weeks and the training was already intense and gruelling, it was a mix of lectures, physical training and teamwork exercises.

So far he hadn't socialised much with the others which he knew wasn't good for his chances but the work had been so much that nobody had really had the time, he was planning on getting to know at least one of the others by the end of the week though.

He zoned out as he pushed himself forward, his legs beginning to burn a little, he didn't even notice someone in his direct path until it was too late. Chris crashed into the person sending him and them flying to the ground, "Oh my god, I am so, so sorry," he apologised quickly, jumping off the person and holding his hand out.

The person on the ground was a pretty shapeless figure that was drowned in a large jumper with the hood up and obscuring their face. They accepted his hand and he lifted them up, "I'm really sorry," he apologised again.

"It's fine," you gave him a tired smile, pulling your hood off your head.

Now that he could see you he spotted dark circles forming under your eyes and your hair was messy and falling over into your eyes. "Still, sorry. I don't think I've seen you around here before. Are you on the program?"

You shook your head, covering your mouth as you yawned, "Nah. I work in satellites, I'm the newest so they keep giving me all the shifts nobody wants that's probably why you haven't seen me," you smiled tiredly.

Chris nodded, "Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Chris. Beck."

"Y/n Y/l/n. It's nice to meet you, too."  You couldn't deny that this Chris guy was insanely attractive, in fact you were more than willing to stay and talk with him than drag your ass home and sleep for 12 hours, which was saying something. "So, why are you on the program?"

"It's been my plan since I was fourteen," he explained, "To be honest I never really thought that I'd make it this far, I thought that they wouldn't accept me."

"Well, they did," you smiled brightly, "Congratulations."

He blushed and ducked his head bashfully, "Thanks, but I don't think I'm gonna get put on an Ares mission."

You smirked knowingly, "I think you'll get on."

"Really?"

"Yeah, guy as hot as you going to Mars? NASA would stand to make millions," you grinned.

Chris laughed, "Thanks, but I don't think so."

You shook your head, "That's where you're wrong, Mr. Beck. NASA's all about image, they'd love to send a guy who looks like you up there," you teased.
"Hey, that's Dr. Beck to you," he said in a falsely stern voice.