Kiss The Girl -» Chris Beck

Word Count: 884

Warnings: Mild cursing.

Prompt: You were sent up on the Ares III mission as an extra, only to find out you would be with your best friend Dr. Christopher Beck. It's all just smooth sailing, but one thing you can't shake is your feelings for him. And how Beth Johansson your other 'best friend' shares those same feelings for him.

❁ ❁

You sigh, it was another day in the Hermes. Everybody was off doing their own little thing, while you stayed in your bed and read a book. Of course you had already did your part on the Hermes early this morning, and now you were regretting it.

There was no cleaning.

No work.

There was nothing.

And you were bored of reading the book you had. So your mind floated back to when you went to leave Mars the first time, and you would've been left with Mark if you didn't listen.

❁ ❁

The sand storm made it impossible to see anything. The team was walking back to the Hermes except for Martinez who was already there waiting for you guys to get there to leave.

Something came flying everybody's way making everyone but Watney dodge it. You and Commander Lewis were panicked trying to find Mark, which wasn't doing much with the storm around you. Vogel, Beck, and Johansson were trying to help but their mind was set on returning safely to the ship.

"We gotta go, Y/l/n!" Chris tells you.

"What about Mark?!" You couldn't leave a friend here it would be too much for you.

"I'm sorry, he's dead!" The others had managed to get back to the ship.

"Beck, Y/l/n we have to go! Now!" Lewis warned you guys.

"Please, come on. I can't lose you too." Beck pleaded you gave in and tried to make your way quickly to the ship.

❁ ❁

"What're you doing?" You look up at Beck your best friend and your crush with a small smile.

"Obviously not reading this." You throw it aside and sit up a little straighter as Beck chuckles and nods.

"Not interesting?" You shake your head "Not even a little bit." He picks the book up.

"How many times have you read it?" You shrug "Once, my sister/brother gave it to me." You answer he sits on the bed with you.

"We'll be home soon." He whispers looking up at you creating eye contact.

You look at him before he makes a funny face making you giggle and shake your head "You're such a loser!" You laugh causing him to laugh to.

"I am not! I'm so cool you need heat to make you warm." You raise an eyebrow at him with a smile "That was so bad!" He scoffs.

"Was not." He pouts.

"Hey Y/n-" Johansson stops when she sees Chris look away from you to see who was entering the room.

He sat right next to you facing you, so whoever entered the room would have to see his navy blue clothed back "Yeah?" You ask.

"I was just wondering if you- um..... Sorry? I forgot what I came here for." She leaves the room making you and Chris look at each other in confusion.

After that she heard you and Chris laughing and carrying on with your conversation.

❁ ❁

The next day, you and Martinez were playing cards on the couch in the living room of the Hermes. Johansson sat in a chair reading a book with music, while Lewis also read a book.

Mark and Chris were talking about how important their jobs were on the floor. And who had the most important job, Mark believing Botany was more important and Chris believing being a doctor was more important.

"Y/nnnnnn!" Chris whines causing you to look over at him.

"Leave her alone I'm winning!" Martinez teases making you scoff.

"Y/n! Tell Chris here that Botany is way more important then being a doctor." You look at Mark, this caught Johansson's attention believing you would mess up and hurt Chris.

"Well you save plants, and know all about plants. And Chris is a doctor and can help you when you're injured." You answer Chris smiles proudly.

"And that's why she's mine." Everyone looked at Chris with shock and confusion while Johansson looked sad and pissed.

"Yours?" Mark asks.

Chris swallows hard realizing what he had just said "Well yeah- she's my friend isn't she?" Chris tries to cover it up.

"That's not what you said!" Martinez chimes in "I thought I did... Oops?" Chris shrugs.

"Spill it." Mark pushes.

"I like Y/n....." Chris mumbles so low no one heard him.

"And why can't she be mine?" Chris stands up sitting next to you on the couch.

"I. Like. Y/n. Y/l/n." Chris puts his arm around your shoulder Johansson was the only one hoping you'd reject the doctor next to you.

"Only question left. Y/n do you like Chris?" Mark grins widely knowing the answer.

"Kinda..." You sheepishly answer.

"NASA won't like this guys." Chris shrugs.

"Good thing I had my share of space." Chris kisses your cheek and smiles.

"Will you be mine?" Chris finally asks once you two are alone.

"Yes, Chris it's why I said I like you." You smile towards him.

❁ ❁