Close Friends -» Chris Beck

Word Count: 911

Warnings: Mild cursing.

Prompt: Coming home from the Ares III mission for the second time after getting Watney, you and your already friend Chris Beck get closer. And the rest of the crew- especially Johansson start to notice.

❁ ❁

You wake up and roll over on your side, you glance down to see your friend Chris asleep on the floor. You smile at the sight trying not to giggle at him, but it manages to lightly slip past your lips.

You sit up and look at him again, he was sleeping right in front of your bed. And you didn't wanna step on him!

"Beck?" You hear him lightly groan and watch as he throws his left arm over his eyes shifting a bit.

"Chris, wake up." He lets out a heavy sigh.

"Five more minutes?" His morning voice sounded deep and tired as he removed his arm slowly.

"I have to get up, now move." He sits up and furrows his eyebrows together looking at you "You're bossy, and short." You scoff "Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Christopher! I'm not short!" He stands up pulling you to your feet.

"I'm taller, therefore you're short." He pats your head with a bright smile before walking off.

❁ ❁

Later on that day, you were working on reading a book in the main area on the couch. Commander Lewis sat in a chair listening to music and doing a word-search, while Watney and Martinez worked on insulting each other to see who would win.

Johansson sat in another chair reading a book to, while Chris was off doing something you didn't know what.

"Hey guys." Beck walks in carelessly as he sits next to you on the couch.

Everyone says 'hi' or 'hey' while Johansson says "Hey, Beck." And smiles towards him. Chris looks at you expectantly and you look up from your book.

Every time you would read a book you zoned out, so you didn't quite understand what Beck was expecting from you.

"Hey there, Y/l/n." Beck smiles towards you.

"Oh hey. What's up?" Everyone glanced up at you two before returning back to their stuff.

You and Chris sat there talking for hours, Watney kept teasing you two calling you two 'the new it couple' while Lewis just laughed at Martinez' bad jokes against you two.

"Oh come on guys, how can you say no to her?" Chris pinches your cheek.

"Christopher Beck!" You scold everyone but Johansson and Chris let out an 'oh'.

"She pulled out your full name!" Martinez teases Beck.

"Not my full name, she could've said my middle name." Beck defends.

"But seriously, who can say no to this face!" Beck continues to tease you about you giving him a pouty face not too long ago.

"What? Did Chris catch your tongue?" Watney teases.

"No! Listen here-" Chris looks at you expectantly.

"I'm listening." He smirks.

"Listen here, Becky. I can do a lot of things, and don't think one of them isn't kicking your ass. Because I promise you I can do that." Everyone laughs when Chris' face falls flat.

"Oh my word! Becky?! That's too good!" Watney laughs.

"Shut up, guys!"

❁ ❁

The next few weeks the rest of the crew notices you and Chris hanging out constantly. He would just join you whenever, whether you were doing your daily job, if you were eating, sleeping, or if you were reading!

Everyone had their thoughts, but Watney was the most vocal about his thoughts.

It was just another day in the Hermes, you had just exited the shower and couldn't find a sweater of yours. So you grabbed a book, which happened to be your favorite and went to go read.

Beck had just stepped out of the shower when he entered the main room, he walked over to you and sat down "Getting into the-" He cut himself off and felt your arm feeling how cold you were.

Everyone's stare was on him.

"Be right back." He left and you looked at everyone else.

"You're lover boy will be right back, don't worry." Lover boy, the one name Johansson hated when Watney used it on you for Beck.

Beck came back and handed you one of his navy blue NASA sweaters "You were cold." Chris shrugs with a small smile.

You took the sweater and slid it on before continuing to read.

"Oh, Becky made a move on his girlfriend!" Watney teases.

"We aren't dating, sadly." Chris comments back.

"Sadly?" Martinez asks and that's when Beck recalls what he said.

"Well- I- didn't mean- Martinez!" Beck stutters out.

"You love her! I knew it!" Watney points to Beck.

"And now I'm leaving, care to join me?" Beck extends his hand towards you.

"Take his hand!" Watney whispers loudly towards you making you giggle and take Beck's hand "Do not get her pregnant!" Watney yells after you guys.

"I'll do what I want!" Beck yells back making you giggle.

You sit in your room silently "It was true." Beck speaks up "Which part?" You question.

"About me loving you, I really do. I uh... Love you Y/n." You look at him.

"I love you too, Becky." His face falls before it lights up again "You said it back!" He tackles you to the mattress with his face in your neck.

"Yeah I did." Beck cheers before he lays next to you and cuddles you.

"Will be my girlfriend?" You nod.

"Yes."

❁ ❁