Harms Way -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 1180

Warnings: Fighting may occur, mild cursing.

Prompt: You and Bucky have been dating for a while now, but the one thing he can't stand is you getting hurt. After every mission there's a small argument following you through the apartment until Bucky says. But this time it's much worse.

❁ ❁

You walk into your apartment that you shared with your boyfriend James Buchanan Barnes, or Bucky as everyone called him. You drop your duffle bag on the couch and head to the kitchen.

You grab a glass and fill it with water, you were for sure Bucky was asleep being it was 4 am. And he always stayed home when you were on a mission just to make sure when you came home he would be there.

"You're back." You jump and turn around looking at Bucky.

He had obviously just woken up, his hair was tussled slightly, no shirt on and just his loose sweatpants "Yeah, I just got back." You nod.

Knowing him if you explained you were late because you had been badly hurt he would've flipped, he would try to make sure you were okay and make sure you weren't feeling any pain now.

He sighs, and walks over to you making you slowly swallow hard "I'm glad you're back." He mumbles wrapping his arms around you making you shut your eyes tightly as you embrace his hug.

"Are you okay?" He looks at you after pulling back from the hug.

"Hmm? Yeah I'm fine I swear." He raises an eyebrow at you and you smile.

"Okay, how was the mission?" You freeze and nod slowly.

"It went fine, me and Nat covered it well." You lie he nods with a small smile.

"That's great, really doll I'm glad you're okay. But don't lie to me." He shakes his head looking at you like he already knew the whole story.

"Bucky, it's just a little scratch I'm fine." You look away "Fine enough you lie to me? Steve called me already Y/n, he told me you got injured already." Bucky looks at you with a look of hurt and defeat.

"God dammit Steve..." You mumble shifting.

"It doesn't matter if I got hurt, I'm alive right? That's what matters." You stand your ground.

"That's right! But lying to me, really Y/n? You've never lied before, why start now? Don't you trust me enough to at least tell me the truth?" You look away from his hard stare.

"I do trust you, Bucky! But you don't understand, every time I come back you always do this when I'm hurt!" He scoffs.

"Do what? Worry about my girlfriend?!" You nod "Yeah! Stop it, okay? I get it you worry about me being hurt but just leave it alone!" He shakes his head.

"I'll stop worrying about you when I stop caring about you." He snaps.

"I'm leaving, you can deal with whatever this is! But just know I'm no longer apart of this!" You grab your stuff in your duffle bag and leave.

Bucky stood alone, for once he was truly hurting. Not just hurt, he was hurting. He had realized what you meant and closed his eyes, realizing everything you said was true.