My Hoodie -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 4423

Warnings: Fluff overload.

Prompt: You steal a hoodie believing it was Steve's only to find out you had stolen one of Bucky's hoodies by mistake. After that the rest of the team notices a difference in both of you.

❁ ❁

It all started out innocently enough, on a Monday evening after a return home from a particularly difficult mission. Your feet brushed against the cold kitchen tiles, a shiver trailing through your body as you made your way to the fridge for a late night snack. You grabbed a plate of brownies, shoving the fridge close with your elbow before making your way to the television room.

You were surprised to find it empty, smiling to yourself as you relished in the idea of being able to pick a movie for once as you planted yourself on the couch. You placed the plate on the sofa table, bringing a brownie to your mouth as you browsed through the selection available on Netflix until you found something of your liking. Another shiver trailed down your spine, your body being tired and drained of energy from the mission and you reached over to the blanket at and brought it over your legs. Your eyes landed on a grey hoodie, figuring it was Steve's you contently threw it over your shoulders and enjoyed the warmth and smell of the large garment that covered your figure.

You laid down on the sofa, your body releasing all tension as you watched the movie. Your eyelids were soon failing you, your body finally warming up from the soft material that embraced you and you drew a deep breath, appreciating the smell that was imprinted in the material and you were soon lulling to sleep with a soft smile on your face.

''Hey Steve, have you seen my- Oh.'' Bucky was silenced with an angry glare and a finger to Steve's mouth before the blonde man pointed over to your content sleeping figure.
Steve raised an eyebrow as to give Bucky the permission to continue in a hushed tone. ''Have you seen- Why is she wearing that?'' Bucky's eyes went wide as he noticed the grey hoodie you were snuggling into, your hand fisting the material up to your face. His eyes darted between you and Steve, not sure what to think of it.

''Oh, don't worry she does that all the time. Must've thought it was mine.'' Steve whispered, a small smile tugging at his lips when he realised you had accidentally snuck into Bucky's sweater. Steve had grown used to his hoodies and sweaters disappearing when you were around, knowing that in an odd way they often gave you comfort. He chuckled to himself at the thought, remembering back to when you first started doing that and he looked for his favorite sweater, until he found you wearing it at a movie night one evening.

''What do you mean? Why is she wearing my hoodie?'' Bucky didn't mean to come off so annoyed, but he was very protective of his belongings.

Steve rolled his eyes at Bucky's question, letting out a chuckle before motioning towards you. ''It'll be fine Bucky, I'll get you your hoodie back right as she wakes up.'' Steve glanced at his friend, with a small smirk on his lips, '' -Or you can wake her up now and ask for it back if it bothers you so much?''

Bucky scowled, ''No of course I'm not going to wake her up, I mean look at her.'' Steve followed his friends gaze at you, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion at his comment until he noticed Bucky's tinted cheeks and the twitch of the corner of his mouth as he took in your content sleeping figure. Bucky breathed out, his shoulders slumping back as he realised how silly he was being and excused himself.

You groaned as you slowly awoke from your slumber, clashing sounds ringing in your ear as your body stirred. Your eyes flickered open, the bright lights from the television screen bringing you discomfort before you slowly raised yourself up and were met with an apologetic smile from Steve.