Saving Your Life -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 973

Warnings: Nothing much, my buttercups.

Prompt: Set after Civil War when you had to help Captain America save James Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes. Now Bucky was apart of the Avengers but you guys had barely talked until now.

❁ ❁

You walk behind your older brother annoyed with him already "See, Y/n you don't understand it was called being a uh... 'Mad scientist'." Tony turns to face you with a cocky grin "Yeah, that nearly ended Sokovia too Tony." You look at him sternly.

"What's the problem with poking around with some science Y/n? I'm a very good person when it comes to that." Tony sighs showing he was getting annoyed with you. Just then Bucky a new member to the Avengers walks in.

"Yes James?" Tony questions you stand silently before looking at your brother.

"Don't do anything you would normally do, idiot." Tony looks at you.

"Dad did what he wanted.." Tony comments silently "Yeah, well you aren't dad he knew when he was doing something stupid. You don't." You walk out and Bucky stands there awkwardly.

"I just need my arm fixed." Bucky finally speaks up "Come on over here, let's fix it." Tony huffs out.

❁ ❁

"Alright team, let's go!" You guys headed out to a new mission. You and Cap went out together on the same side, there was no secret about it you and him were best friends and you guys could fight very well. Together that is.

He kneeled down and put his shield up allowing you to run up and take a jumping punch to one of the men in black. You guys stood there and looked at each other "Great team work." You guys headed off to find the others and you shook your head.

"Really well I like my suits." Tony comments before blasting one of the men.

"Tony, you are so stupid." You mumble fighting against one of the men, suddenly he turns around grabbing you by the throat before swinging you around and holding you out the window.

The team froze when Tony become protective and aimed at the man "Shoot me, and she dies. Come at me, and she dies." He chuckles lowly.

You gripped onto his arm "Drop me, and you die." You comment his grip gets tighter around your throat, the team was frozen they couldn't do anything they couldn't help you without harming you.

Suddenly the guy fell to the floor and you were falling "Y/n!" You never hit the ground instead you looked into icy blue eyes, they belonged to Bucky.... Did he really just save you?

You realized he had his arm wrapped around you tightly, while his metal arm held onto the stone wall tightly. You looked at him confused, and shocked. The guy you've barely even spoken to was holding onto you right now to save your life "Are you okay, doll?" The nickname rolled off his tongue like it was nothing to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The team unfroze and ran over to the side when they heard your voice, Tony panicked and flew over quickly to get you and Bucky, once he hit the ground he took the face of his suit off.

"Are you okay?" You looked at him "No, I'm dead." You shake your head.

"Bucky?" He turns his head to look in your direction "Thank you, I would've died if it wasn't for you." He nods "No problem." His voice went from light to boxed up and cold like he didn't care anymore.

"Yeah, thanks James." Tony nods towards him before looking at the others "Alright let's leave." You guys head back to the tower and you were back talking to Tony again.

"I'm sorry for what I said the other day." You mumble Tony looks at you.

"No you're right, I'm not dad. I'm not mom either, obviously. I shouldn't try to compare myself to dad all the time, or think I'm like him. Cause I'm not, and I now understand that." Tony nods his head slowly.

"I think I might've-" Bucky stops when he sees you standing there, you were questionable about this "What's wrong, James?" Tony asks "I uh.. might've pulled this arm out when I caught her and grabbed the wall." Bucky looks at his metal arm.

"Y/n, you can take care of him right?" You look at Tony "I mean I could, but you normally take this stuff?" You look at Tony curiously "Well, I have a lot to do right now. Thanks!" He walks out quickly and you look at Bucky.

"So... Let's fix this." You beckon him over and start to work on his metal arm.

"You're welcome, doll." You look at him "For saving you, I understand it was probably weird seeing me saving your life." You get a small smile.

"It was very appreciated, I would rather not be dead." He gives a small chuckle "I might not talk to you that much, but I do notice you y'know? I do keep my eyes on you and when you were in trouble I just had to save you." Bucky swallows feeling a little weird.

You give him another small smile "You're arm is perfectly fine, Bucky. Did you know that?" He looks at his arm and gives a another small nervous chuckle "Is it, huh? It didn't feel that way." You shake your head with a small smile before kissing him on the cheek.

"I'm glad you decided to talk to me, but next time just talk to me. Okay?" He nods.

"Is it next time, yet? I really enjoy talking to you." You giggle "Sure, let's talk."

"TOLD YOU GUYS I WAS A MATCH MAKER!" Tony yells making you and Bucky roll your eyes together.

"And you're related to him?" You just smile at Bucky.

❁ ❁