OH OKAY -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 596

Warnings: None 😇

Prompt: Bucky gets new information about you from Steve, and he tries his best to impress you- but automatically fails when he can't get the chance to talk to you, until after a mission.

❁ ❁

"Steve?" Bucky's voice caught the attention of his best friend who was trying to lift a weight with little effort but managed to do it anyways.

"Yeah, Buck?" Steve asks.

"I like Y/n." Bucky automatically answers.

"Wait what? Like you really like her, like you wanna date her?" Steve asks making Bucky nod.

"Ask her out!" Steve offers.

"What if she doesn't like me back?" Bucky asks.

Steve shrugs "Doesn't hurt to try, right?" Bucky hurries out of the room embarrassed.

❁ ❁

Three months after that you had talked to Steve about your feelings for Bucky, and how you liked him back as well.

Steve pulled his phone out and started a message towards Bucky.

S: Buck!
S: She likes you too!

B: Wait what?!

S: Y/n likes you too!
S: She just told me!
S: Which means you need to make a move!
S: Like NOW!

B: You're sure she likes me too?!

S: Positive!

B: OH
B: OH WHAT DO I DO

S: GO TALK TO HER

B: OH OKAY

❁ ❁

You currently were working with Sam to perfect his flip, but he was obviously failing. Bucky rushed around looking for you, which was odd to see the super soldier walking at such a quick pace.

He opened the doors and caught your attention "Hey, Bucky." He smiles towards you.

He walks over glad he was walking at a normal pace now "Hey so what're you doing, doll face?" He had always given you nicknames after he found out he liked you but you didn't know why he gave them to you.

"Teaching him to perfect his flip. What are you doing down here?" He shrugs.

"Y/n! Bucky! Get down!" You jump to the opposite side that Bucky does as Sam flies into a wall.

"Sam!" You hurry to get up to go check on him with Bucky.

"I'm okay, I think I should've stopped." Sam looks up at you two.

"Let's get you looked at, see you later Bucky." You help Sam up and exit the room.

"Sam, I'm gonna have to kill you." Bucky mutters to himself.

❁ ❁

Week by week Bucky tried to ask you out, but with no avail. Something always came up, you had to train with Nat, Steve needed you to help him, Sam wanted to perfect his flip. He just couldn't get to talk to you!

You were in the middle of the mission when you get kicked over the side of the building.

Bucky looks at your hands gripping the concrete "Y/n!" He runs over grabbing your hands just as you would've fallen "Bucky! Watch out!" You sling yourself upward kicking the guard that would've attacked Bucky down.

"Oh- uh.... Thanks." Bucky looks at you.

"You would've been hurt! Bucky, don't do that." You look at him and he shrugs.

"Y/n, go on a date with me." Bucky blurts out.

Everyone had finished the mission but this caught them off guard "Please? I've been trying to ask you for weeks but something always came up, and now I'm asking you to go on a date with me." Bucky clarifies.

"Steve, did you talk?" Nat asks.

"Yeah." Steve answers.

"So, will you?" Bucky asks.

You nod "Yeah." He smiles and hugs you happily.

"Good, cause I was hoping you would say yes." Bucky mumbles to you.

❁ ❁