Come Back -» Bucky Barnes

Words: 1156

Warnings: Very sad babies.

Prompt: One of the Avengers leave, and everyone is left curious and hurt.. Mainly hurt. And they only thing they can do is hurt and push forward, except for one of their members who slowly spirals downward.

The Avengers were on yet another mission, this one was slightly tougher for you guys, you were splitting up slowly and fighting a group of people one by one, each by yourself. Tony was struggling to keep himself cool, he didn't like the idea of one of you going against a group of people like you were now.

You guys were trying to regroup but it wasn't working no matter how hard you guys tried "Doll!" You look over and Bucky was fighting a group of people like you but he was close.

"Out of my way!" You fought through to get towards each other once you make it you look at each other then go back to fighting side by side.

You didn't even notice you guys had got pushed onto the roof, Bucky was a few people away from you.

You were busy looking for him that some of them had gotten ahold of you and trying to fight you down but it failed and you focused back to your mission, Bucky kept watching you while fighting.

"Wait!"

"No!"

Bucky fought his way through the rest of them to get the edge to see you had hit the pavement "Y/n!" He screamed.

The rest of the team got to the roof and stood feet behind Bucky not understanding what he was doing, then it clicked in and they ran forward.

Once everyone got to the edge they saw you "No!" Bucky was hurt for sure and so was everyone, Sam and Tony flew straight down to see if you were alive.

"Monday read vitals." Tony commands.

"No vitals to be read, sir." Monday answers.

Sam puts his head down shaking it "Y/n, no." Tony whispers they head back up with Tony carrying you and laying you down "She's gone, Buck." Bucky stood there upset and hurt.

Five more villains had appeared Captain stopped the others as Bucky had killed the five without hesitation or difficulty.

Bucky held onto your casket as he walked you down the isle of the rows of benches filled with people at your funeral, tears rolled down his cheeks as he held his head up high. Sam, Steve, Tony, and Vision were also holding onto your casket, even Clint and his family had shown up. Clint was as well holding onto your casket.

Once your casket was set up the team stood in front of the casket together "Today we honor Y/n  Y/l/n, a fellow Avenger who was lost in battle." Rodey speaks up clearly upset.

Everyone left the church your funeral was held in, except Bucky he stood there alone for hours. He had cried so much no tears were left in his system "I let you down doll face, I'm so sorry. It should've been me, you would know what to do after this..." He whispers looking down at his metal hand the one you loved.

"Bucky, come on home the team is waiting for you." Steve places his hand on his best friends shoulder.

Bucky nods slowly, he knew you would want him to go home and be with the team but he wouldn't be happy without you.

"We all miss her, Buck. But you truly miss her as your own we understand that." Vision tries to coax Bucky off the couch.

Weeks were passing by Bucky was slowly getting worse, there wasn't a person he wouldn't go through to get to the end of a mission. He was going stone cold again and the team was afraid of what might happen if he hits stone cold.

"Bucky we need to talk." Tony says flatly.

Bucky looks up with cold eyes "Yeah?" Tony nods "What's wrong? Is this about Y/n? Bucky she's gone and we can't get her back! She's dead! And you acting stone cold and killing everyone isn't going to bring her back! What would Y/n say if she saw this!" Tony was mad now.

Bucky stood up and went towards Tony "Don't fight me, James." Tony warns Bucky stops in front of him "I'll do what I want. And don't you dare mention her name in that way again, I know what she would think about me. But she's gone like you said and she won't come back." Bucky growls before storming off.

Tony swallows as tears form in his eyes you were his baby sister and that jerk just said that, Tony pulls his suit glove over his hand and stares at it "Y/n wouldn't want that." He whispers before shoving it away.

The team was another mission, this was bad now. Tony was getting beaten and he couldn't help it his suit was crashing hard. Another blow came to him, he tried to cover himself but his suit was acting weird and he couldn't.

He braced himself for another blow but nothing came instead he was set up, and something covered his eyes "What the hell?" He pulled it off to see a black piece of fabric in his hands.

On the other side of the building the same was happening to Bucky. He couldn't even pick himself back up now he was beaten badly, the rest of the team had the same treatment as Tony. They had panicked and ran for Bucky afraid he was hurt or killing someone... That he had gone stone cold.

Bucky had started to fade, he waited for another blow but nothing had come to him he was confused. When there was someone sitting him up.

The team had arrived and gasped, Bucky stared at the person in front of him.

"Doll face?" He whispers quietly his voice too weak to rise.

His hand slowly touched your cheek "But you- I saw you." He mumbles.

"Bucky!" You panicked.

Back at the tower Bucky was knocked out in his bed as you reconnected with the rest of the team and explained. Finally you were laying next to Bucky waiting for him to wake up.

"Doll?" He looks at you and you nod.

"Hey Bucky." He didn't hesitate to hug you tightly.

"You... I saw you." He whispers.

"I know what happened Bucky, but I didn't die. Waking up in a casket was super scary by the way." You smile towards him.

"Monday couldn't read your vitals." He shook his head before just kissing you "You know what I don't care you're here! Don't leave me again, please! Stay with me forever." You nod "Forever Bucky, no matter what." He kisses you again.

"I'm so sorry Buck, I wish I came back sooner but I couldn't find anybody." He shakes his head "You're here now." He mumbles.