Raising Hope -» Chris Beck

Word Count: 851

Warnings: Mean dude forewarning

Prompt: Chris Beck, soon becomes the biggest part of your life after he rescues you from a situation that went south real quick.

❁ ❁

You were set up by your best friend to go on a blind date, not your happiest choice because in all fairness you didn't really care for dates. You looked in the mirror and decided that your off the shoulder navy blue dress would have to do for this date. You didn't know anything about the guy besides that his name was Greg.

You walk out of your apartment and head down to your car before driving off to meet your mystery man. God that sounded awful to you.

Once you reached the place you walked in and looked around, it was a bar & grill set up which honestly didn't even attract you that much. Soon you spotted Greg and walked over smiling at him once he smiled back your heart fluttered, he was pretty cute.

"You must be Y/n. Nice to meet you, I'm Greg." You shake his hand and sit down across from him "Nice to meet you Greg." The waitress comes over and off the bat you noticed Greg was a little confused about the menu, so you could tell he's never been to one of these before.

You placed your order and looked at Greg with a small smile.

"So Greg, tell me about yourself." You give him a small smile and all of your attention "Well my name is Greg Payne, I am a CEO for my families business and I have a mansion and I own three other businesses. What about you?" He smiles at you.

"I work with NASA, we currently-"

"Didn't you guys ditch one guy on Saturn or something? So not NASA worthy." He comments.

You look at him "Actually humans couldn't even step foot on Saturn, and it was Mars." He shakes his head "Still not NASA worthy, you left some guy on Mars. Amateurs." He looks down at his phone.

"We thought he died, and we couldn't find him. There was nothing else we could've done, the other members had to come home!" He shrugs "Still, you ditched him." He looks back at his phone.

"You are so not Y/n worthy, asshole."  You get up and start to leave "Excuse me?! Wait up!" He calls after you before he gets up to chase after you, Chris turns his attention to the scene as you roll your eyes and storm out walking past him.

He didn't mean to pry but he slowly followed out to make sure things were okay there he witnessed that everything was not okay.

Greg grabs your arm turning you around "Let go of me! You're a jerk and I don't wanna talk to you ever again!" You snap "Excuse me?! I wasted my time sitting there waiting for you so you're gonna talk to me!" Greg shouts.

"You're a conceited idiot! Go focus on your stupid business and leave me alone!" Greg shoved you back knocking you down to the ground "Honestly, people like you are so pathetic! Now get up!" He shouts.

He went to grab you again but this time he was shoved away but Chris "Leave her alone, man. She's already asked you to do that." Greg chuckles "Who's gonna stop me?" Chris shrugs "I'll call the cops if you don't leave, that won't be good for business." Chris threatens.

Greg huffs before storming off, Chris turns around and sticks his hands out helping you up to your feet "Thanks for helping me out." You give him a small smile "You're welcome, he wasn't very charming for a first date." You look at him curiously.

"How did you know it was a first date?" You question.

"Well normally if it wasn't then you would have probably ended it, and no girl really shows up looking this good to a bar and grill." Chris comments before he really looks at your face.

"Don't I know you? Do you work for NASA?" You nod "Yeah, I do.... Why?" He chuckles.

"Dr. Christopher Beck, I was on the Ares III mission. Were you on that one?" You nod and smile "Yeah I was, I was the one who mainly communicated with you guys." He nods "So you're who the pretty voice belonged to." He smiles towards you.

"I've seen you around a couple times before the mission as well." He adds "I know, I gave you your first file on the mission." He nods "Can I get your number? It's not to often I get a pretty girl to talk to me." You nod with a small smile.

"Maybe, I can fix this whole date disaster soon?" You look at him handing him your number "I would like that, Dr. Beck." He smirks.

"I'll definitely be using this number later." He winks before kissing your cheek "I'll let you get home now, bye." You smile "Bye." You get and your car and smile widely before your phone vibrates.

Unknown number:
'So about that date?'

❁ ❁