But -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 1187

Warnings: Mild cursing.

Requested: bestemeg

Prompt:

❁ ❁

You look at Tony and sigh "It'll be fine, Tony. When can we not handle a mission?" Tony shrugs "Last time you were thrown into a wall." Tony looks at you.

"I'll be just fine. I break, but not that easily." You walk out and you come face-to-chest with your best friend Bucky Barnes.

"Is he okay with you doing this mission?" You nod and smile towards him.

"Yeah, I think?" He chuckles at your confused look.

"I think you'll do just fine, doll." He pats your shoulder before heading off to go train with Steve.

You walk towards your room to find Nat already there "You know, Bucky has a thing for you." You roll your eyes.

Yes, it was true you had a crush on your best friend Bucky. And Nat can't help but keep telling you that he has a crush on you to, but of course you subsided the comment and said he never has and never will. But Natasha just won't let you live it down.

"We've talked about this, no he doesn't." She sighs.

"Then how come he was trying to get you to go on this mission?" She places her arms across her chest folded.

"Because he knows I'm no better here all alone." You get your stuff ready for the mission.

"You're blind to this, Y/n." Nat walks out and you roll your eyes annoyed.

❁ ❁

You walk towards the kitchen and look through the fridge for something, you finally decide on just making some tea.

"Hey, doll face." Bucky walks in sending you a small smile.

"Hey, Bucky." You stir your tea after adding honey to it.

"I still can't believe Tony's letting you join the mission. Are you happy?" You look at him and smile.

"Yeah, he's a good guy he really is. But he is a pain in the ass." Bucky chuckles.

"Not the only one to say that, love. I gotta go help Sam with something, I'll see you around." His smile fades as he walks down the hall.