Pick Up Lines -» Joshua

Word Count: 808

Warnings: Flirty!Joshua.

Prompt: It's all out war with the pick up lines, between you and Joshua. This time the pick up lines are fired back towards one another, but this time it's Joshua starting it.

❁ ❁

You lay in bed watching another tv show you had barely any interest in, but it's not like you could do anything else. All your other friends were more-or-less busy with other things and other people.

You open a new message of your friend Joshua, not expecting anything but an update from him.

J: Do you have a bandaid? 'Cause I scraped my knee falling for you.

Y: This is my thing!

Y: Are you a magician? 'Cause every time I look at you everyone else disappears.

J: Do you have a map? 'Cause I'm lost in your eyes. (Ready to taste defeat)

Y: Hello? Cupid called. He said to tell you he needs my heart back. (Imma beat you)

J: Excuse me... Hi. I'm writing an essay on the finer things in life, I was wondering if I could interview you? (Let's do this)

Y: Can you give me directions to your heart? I've seem to have lost myself in your eyes.

J: It's not my fault I fell in love. You are the one that tripped me.

Y: The only thing your eyes haven't told me is your name.

J: If I had a rose for every time I thought of you. I'd be walking in a garden forever. (I'm about to dub you the queen)

Y: When I first saw you I was looking for a signature, because every masterpiece has one. (You know I'm gonna win)

J: So tomorrow night? Tell me you don't have plans, because I'd love to take you out. (You're the queen)

Y: Ha! I knew you'd lose!

J: You never answered my question about tomorrow.

Y: Shut up! You're just kidding, it was one of the lines.

J: No, I wasn't. I swear. Let me take you on date tomorrow, please?

Y: The fact you had to say please!

J: I feel like I just got rejected.

Y: Nope. I'll go.

J: See you then 😉

The next day, you got ready for a date with Joshua. And you were excited, you've liked him for a while now and you couldn't believe he'd actually asked you out. Especially with all his family business.

You put on a casual navy dress that fit your curves perfectly, curled your hair, put light make up, and black heels. You looked in the mirror happily feeling satisfied with your appearance.

The knock on your apartment door makes you hesitate to answer. You walk over and slowly open the door keeping your eyes on the door frame, before making eye contact with a smiling Joshua.

"Hey there." He greets with a small blush as he looks at your appearance.

"Hi." You were slightly nervous but you composed yourself, and got your confidence back slowly.

"You look..." He trails off with a sigh.

"You look amazing." His eyes meet yours as your cheeks heat up and you smile shyly towards him.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." He chuckles at your comment "Well, I have a place I wanna take you. And it's really nice, and I'm nervous. So, shall we go?" Joshua swallows hard fearing you might turn him down any second despite the fact you look beautiful and had already said yes.

"Yeah." You grab your purse and exit the apartment with him.

You sat at the restaurant with him talking about various things, over dinner. You were having a pretty good time, and you still couldn't believe you were on a date with Joshua over pick up lines!

"You know, I've liked you for while now." Joshua manages to get out.

"Really?" You then notice all his flirting that had gone undetected before.

"Yeah. It wasn't until the pick up lines, I got an idea to ask you out." He chuckles quietly.

"I like me too." You smile he looks at you with a serious tone before laughing with you.

"But, I like you too." You make eye contact and he just smiles unable to hide it.

"Well. Why don't we make it official?" He asks you stopped breathing and just stared at him.

"Serious?" You managed to get out he nods.

"Yeah, why? Are you afraid of commitment?" He asks.

"Yeah." Your eyes widen "What?! No! No, no, no! I'm not. I just thought you were kidding." You cover up quickly making him laugh "So? Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" Joshua asks with a wide smile already knowing the answer.

"No Joshua, I don't. Yeah, I mean I did come here on a date with you." You remind him he just smiles even wider.

"I'm glad you did."