Tony!! -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 857

Warnings: Guys I'm innocent (hahah yeah sure) No warnings 😇

Prompt: Tony just couldn't help himself so he got hurt. But you couldn't sleep and neither could friend Bucky Barnes, finally he opens up to you about his nightmares... And you officially see his true side.

❁ ❁

You toss and turn in bed, you just couldn't sleep. But it wasn't because you felt bad, or you were injured like all the other times- it was because your brain wouldn't shut off about the last mission.

That one was way more rough, you couldn't explain it.

You had covered the mission well, but your brain just wouldn't shut off.

You look at the clock, it was 1:30 am. And you still weren't asleep?! You sigh and shove the fluffy blankets off of you and slip out of bed, you look at Nat who was sharing a room with you and tip-toe out of the room.

You head out onto the balcony and look over the railing, something you were really good at is balance. So you just swung your legs over the railing and sat there watching the ant like people walk around below you.

You lean over and look at the beautiful view before leaning back a bit, you look out at the buildings before you and get a small smile.

Before you knew it someone had placed you on the ground again, you look up at your friend Bucky who had concern written on his face.

"Bucky-"

"What were you thinking, Y/n?" His concern was evident in his voice.

"Looking at the view?" You question your words "You weren't jumping?"

You looked at Bucky "Of course not." He nods and watches as you lean on the railing and look around.

"What are you doing up anyways?" You look over at him.

"I couldn't sleep." He nods slowly.

"Last mission?" You look at him and nod.

"What about you? Why are you awake?" He looks out towards the well lit buildings.

"Bucky?" You question he sighs "The nightmares." He admits you look at him noticing how he had tensed up after mentioning the truth of him being awake "What are they about?" He clenches his jaw shut.

"Hydra, and what I did." He answers quietly.

You register what he had told you before you realized you were both sitting on the ground "What happens?" He shrugs "I relive it, when I was being tested on, and when I killed people." He answers quietly.

You saw the water line creating themselves in his eyes "Bucky, that wasn't you." A tear slips down his cheek and you brush it away.

He looks at you "I could've done something, but I didn't." You look at him your heart broke seeing him trying to contain his cries as he beat himself up.

"You're right." He looks at you.

"Not helping." He mumbles.

"No James, you're right you didn't do anything to help them. You wanna know why? Because they programmed your brain to kill, you couldn't do anything because you didn't remember how."

"What if I hurt... You?" He looks at you and his barrier broke.

He hid his face in his hands as you heard him cry, you froze as you placed a hand on his shoulder "C'mere." You sit yourself behind him and pull him back so you were hugging him from the back.

"You won't do that, Bucky. I trust you." He turns his head back to look at you and hides his face in your neck.

You sat there for a few minutes letting him calm down "Can you let go now?" He shakes his head "Just a little longer." He whispers.

"My legs hurt though!" He pulls you around him so you sitting in his lap.

He rests his chin on your shoulder and watches as your eyes start to fall, he noticed you were getting tired and he simply stood up and carried you inside afraid the wind would wake you up.

He walks to his room and nudges it open with his foot before he enters and closes it with the heel of the same foot. He lays you on his bed and covers you up before laying down beside you and wrapping his arms around you.

"Noapte buna, doll." Bucky whispers.

You make a faint yawning noise "Good night, Bucky." You whisper quietly almost so quiet he could barely hear.

❁ ❁

The next morning Tony walks into the kitchen after Steve "Have you seen Bucky and Y/n, yet?" Thor and Steve simply shrugged as Steve dug into his breakfast beside Thor.

Nat walks in with a slight smirk "What's with that smile of yours?" Tony asks making Nat's smirk turn into a smile.

"Why are you so happy?" Steve chimes in.

"I found Y/n sleeping with Bucky, in his room." Nat proudly states.

"I gotta get the camera!" Tony grins walking off "I must join in on the happiness." Thor follows behind him.

"Is Tony gonna get hurt?" Steve questions knowing the answer already.

Suddenly they hear a loud noise "... TONY!"

Then a loud thud.

"..... OWWW! Y/N!!"

❁ ❁