Analytical -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 926.

Warnings: Minor cursing.

Prompt: In which there is more then one super soldier in the Avengers. And something sparks interest from The Winter Soldier.

❁ ❁

"Y/n, can you say something? Anything?!" Tony Stark also known as Iron Man questions heavily "Yeah..." You answer quietly he sighs. You've been with the Avengers longer than some of the other members, but about as long as Tony.

You were more quiet but if someone struck up a conversation then you were more than welcoming. You didn't intentionally throw shade or make it seem like you didn't wanna talk to anyone, you were just typically busy. After your parents died when you were 10 you kind of closed down.

You were very close to your parents, and your younger brother. But after you were taken to become a super soldier your brother shut you out so he could raise his family, without you around to freak people out. That also made you shut down.

You talked to the team, laughed with the team, and did stuff with the team. But you liked be quiet and not be in the loud noisy business of them team, and tower.

James Buchanan Barnes, also known as Bucky was also apart of the team. He was trying to settle down and be around more, he was also more of the quiet type. Something you never noticed that he did, was him studying you.

He got teased a lot for it but he didn't seem to care, it just blew past him. He knew there was something about you that attracted him, but it was because you were a lot like him. He didn't know your background story since he was new to the team, he didn't know much of anything about you and that's something he wanted to change.

❁ ❁

You tossed and turned in bed, you were restless tonight. You slowly got out of your bed and walked down the hall towards the front door of the tower. Bucky peaked out of his bedroom to see who was up and that's when he noticed you, he followed close behind you watching your movements. Maybe you had a boyfriend you were gonna see?

"Hey, Y/n right?" He finally walked up to your side and looked down in your (e/c) eyes "Yeah, that's my name." You answered staring into his icy blue orbs.

"Sorry for just running up on you, doll. I just heard you leave and wanted to make sure everything was okay." You nod "Yeah I'm okay, just couldn't sleep. So I thought I would walk around."

He nods "I can just return to the tower if you want. If I'm bothering you." He offers.

"No, you're fine. Besides you probably have never seen the city at night." He looks around "Only when I go on missions, and I'm up in the air- in the jet of course." You giggle.

"So, Bucky? How's being an Avenger?" He looks at you and thinks hard.

"Well, it's insane honestly. I didn't think I could ever start doing what I'm doing. I use to be a Hydra weapon technically. I never worked hard to save people always worked hard to kill. But I like it, even if I think I can't do it I still try." You look at him.

"I think you're doing pretty good at saving people." You smile towards him. Soon you head back to the tower and head off to your separate beds. Something about that soldier just made you feel..... Something.

❁ ❁

The next day there was a mission, you were kicking ass like any other mission. But this time someone swung in to help you out when you were pinned to the wall. Bucky used his metal arm to slam the attacker into a brick wall knocking him out.

"Are you okay, doll?" You get his help up "Yeah, thanks." More villains run in and you look at Bucky.

"I won't leave you." You froze at his words as he started fighting against the villains, your family members said those exact words before they left you.

A sudden rage came over you and you took out most of the villains quickly. Bucky grabbed your shoulder and you looked at him "What just happened?" You sigh "I'll tell you later." You mumble.

"No. You'll tell me now." He grabbed your hand and took off with you to some place more quiet.

His bedroom.

You sat down in front of him "The team is gonna worry." He shrugs "Don't care. Tell me, please?" You sigh and nod "Well, here's the full story." You went into a long explanation about how you froze, why you got your sudden rage and what happened.

Bucky pulled you over to him so he was hugging you, he didn't understand why he felt what he did but he did and that's all he cared about. You hugged him back for the longest you've ever hugged someone.

The whole team peeked into Bucky's room last finding you two, tangled up together asleep. Even though you fell asleep first, it still looked as if you wouldn't let go of him. You remember hearing Bucky have whispered 'I won't leave, I promise' before you fully dozed off.

You awoke the next morning still tangled up with Bucky.

He looked down at you before placing a gentle kiss on your forehead "Good morning, love." You looked at him "Good morning." You whisper.

You really believed him when he said he wouldn't leave, and lucky you he never would.

❁ ❁